PEAX Equipment

Emergency kit list

Good thread. Not sure if this is really an emergency kit, more so things that always go along, some get used regularly, others occasionally, but most of these are along pretty much anytime I go on a hike/camping/fishing.

My kit includes the following.
Wet fire blocks (4 or so)
2 Bic lighters
Magnesium fire starter/striker
space blanket (SOL)
Tenacious Tape
50' of 3mm utility cord
sun screen
Ben's bug wipes
headlamp (and a key chain light or spare head lamp, depends on time of year/hunt. Early season hunts in AK, I don't take a backup, its only dark for a few hours).
20"x36" piece of foam pad (sitting/sleeping) Comes in quite handy when you get to camp out on the mountain at a kill site.
Spot/satellite phone, depends on location/duration.
First Aid Kit
-medical tape
-gauze
-Quick Clot
-needle and thread (learn how to suture)
-mole skin (adhesive backed)
-meds: Advil, Asprin, Alieve, Pepto, Zantac
-Neosporin (single use packs)
-New Skin
-cravat
-soap strips (similar to the breath strips, a small film, just add water)
-latex/nitrite gloves (2 pair)

Powerbar wrappers burn well, and last surprisingly long. I like wet fire over all other fire starters I've tied. One little pellet burns for about 10 minutes, is easy to start, and takes up no room.

As mentioned above, lighters don't work so well in the rain/cold, but I pack about 3, keep one in a baggie with a chunk of TP.

I've packed duct tape for years, and have used it one time in about 10 years or more, and could have got by without it then. Been lucky I guess? I don't take much, a few wraps around a trekking pole is enough.

One thing I do use on occasion is Tenacious Tape. Works to patch tents, sleeping pads, gaiters, sleeping bags, water bottles, tears in clothing, etc. Doesn't leave a gooey residue like duct tape, and sticks really well. The patch is permanent and water proof, unlike duct tape. I have a hole in a pair of hiking pants I patched 4-5 years ago. The tape is still on there, and they've been washed/dried probably 100 times.

Tenacious Tape is really good stuff. I've done in the field repairs on tent flies and inflatable sleeping pads with it, and have not had to go back and redo it.

So here is the updated list:

I will try to get it in or around a nalgene bottle or something similar

Tape.....probably some combo of electric and gorilla
Tenacious tape
Ace bandage
Needle and spider wire ....sutures and repairs
Tylenol, benadryl, pepto
Windproof lighter
Waterproof matches
Wetfire
Water purifucation tabs
Powerbar