Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Emergency home phone

So, my solution worked for like 1.5 years. My daughter needs a phone, trying to coordinate after school activities, changes in scheduling, etc. My wife couldn't find her one day and freaked out, thankfully she ended up forgetting what she was supposed to do, then sorta panicked herself and walked to a friends house. So we went with the Verizon GizmoWatch2. It's really sweet, if you live in town, but no wifi calling. Also, it's sorta just a POS. It routinely won't make or receive calls. My wife finally had enough and it's gone. This time I was told to quit $*)Q!#@$ around with these little hacks and get a single solution.

So cell phones for kids... @Nameless Range went with an adult phone it sounds like. I'm not sure I want to go that route. I don't want really any apps, certainly no social media, I like to have the ability to see where she is even if I don't call her. I stumbled upon this, but it sorta feels like a gimmick. https://troomi.com/how-it-works/

Anyone else have any recommendations?
Pinwheel phone. We got one for our daughter and have been happy. Plenty of control and generally consistently does the job. Worth every penny for our peace of mind.

We also technically call it the"emergency back up phone" and she only gets it when we want her to. She had no delusions of ownership.

Years ago I was teaching my daughter about 911 with a flip phone,I thought was disconnected.
Yep, sheriff shows up all squirrely.
Guess I don't blame him.
Felt like a fool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back