PEAX Equipment

embarrassed .308 guy trying to grow a man bun

I'm not willing to jump on all the hype of the Manbun.
Looking for suitable donor action for my 6.5mm Rem Mag build.
If i can get this job at Weatherby, it'll be 6.5-300 Weatherby.

I'll send you some scissors...
And some big girl pantys... Lol

I don’t have a Browning, but my Tikka in 6.5 Man Bun or 6.5 Yoga Pants, depending on your choice of emasculating phrasing, is around .5 MOA with Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ammo. I’ve been a .308 shooter for over 20 years and I think the 6.5 CM, MB, YP, etc is an outstanding cartridge. Congrats on the Browning. Sounds like a great deal.

Hornady Precision seems to shoot lights out for everybody in 6.5 CM.

Last edited:
well this weekend my gun shop had a NIB Browning x-bolt predator 6.5 creedmore on sale $750. i tried walking away hoping if i came back it would be gone. every time i came back it was still sitting there saying "I KNOW IM NOT AS GOOD AS A .308 BUT YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME" looking over both shoulders making sure nobody was looking i very quietly told the guy behind the counter i would take it.

its going to get a vx-3i cds. talley rings .

anyone have this gun? what kinda over the counter ammo does it like ?
Who cares what other people think. I'm all for guys/women buying new guns. You should be proud of your new purchase. I hope she shoots really good.

Well I'm pretty neutral on the whole 6.5 Creedmoor thing, if it works for you great, if it doesn't , well that's fine too! Enjoy your rifle, I have an X-bolt and love it.

Hornady 143 grain eldx shoots lights out in my browning hells canyon speed 6.5 needmore the 129 grain interlocks almost as good

No shame in liking 6.5 Creedmoor. I thought it was a gimmick of a round. Then I got one. Now I recommend it to all new shooters for a first rifle. It’s very versatile, accurate, and good at long range. What’s not to like?

It’s like the new kid at school who becomes instantly popular because he’s good looking, smart, friendly, and can throw the pigskin. All the meat head jocks get jealous...

It’s not my first choice for elk. If I can only have one rifle, it’d be a 270. But if I could have two, one would be a 6.5CM

Haters going to Hate on the web. The 6.5s are accurate shooting guns. Have fun shooting your new gun, whatever the caliber.

I have never understood where the man bun bs comes from. The only people that are not impressed by a creed, are ones that have not spent much time shooting it. I have .308, -06, 7 mags and .260s. The Creed has become my favorite rifle, along with my .260s. It is virtually identical to the .260, but handles the longer bullets a bit better.

But then there is the Henry, single-shot 30-30 that I just bought!

Guns some people want the new caliber that everyone is buying because it is the one being the most marketed currently others want the odd ball/hard to find caliber that few have. Thank god we can buy both in this country

Back