Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

embarrassed .308 guy trying to grow a man bun

riley

well this weekend my gun shop had a NIB Browning x-bolt predator 6.5 creedmore on sale $750. i tried walking away hoping if i came back it would be gone. every time i came back it was still sitting there saying "I KNOW IM NOT AS GOOD AS A .308 BUT YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME" looking over both shoulders making sure nobody was looking i very quietly told the guy behind the counter i would take it.

its going to get a vx-3i cds. talley rings .

anyone have this gun? what kinda over the counter ammo does it like ?

Geez, the power that 1/80000000 of the population has on an internet forum. Dude buys a rifle, and because the caliber gets made fun of, sheepishly admits the purchase.
I hope the next guy that buys a manbun comes on here and says "Ya'll can kiss my ass - I bought a 6.5!"
Man Up.
Now go buy some ammo, shoot it and tell us what it prefers.

Bird season ends today - I'm feeling a little sensitive, sorry.................

Meh, some dudes can't stop dissing vehicle brands, calibers, gun makers, etc. I think it's mostly to cover their own inferiority problems. Some guys get wayyyyy too emotional about their 1911, Ford, Chevy, .270, etc, or whatever gives them a mental or literal boner...

I bought a 6.5 last year for the sole purpose of growing a man bun....it didn't work, I'm still bald and the "man bun" is a myth. I'd be proud of the purchase, very accurate in most cases and I like the availability of factory ammo in pretty much every sporting goods store I've been to.

i got 3 ammo types to start with listed below . il start shooting it this month and let everyone know what i come up with.

barnes 120 gr. ttsx
hornady outfitter 120 gr. gmx
remington 140 gr core-lokt (i like cheap soft points)

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me. I ran acrossed a Ruger Predator in 6.5 CM that I couldn't walk away from. I didn't want to be a 6.5 fanboy but they do tend to shoot well. I have several other calibers so what's one more. I've only tried the Hornady Match 147ELD and they shoot really well. But looking forward to working up some loads for it.

I don’t have a Browning, but my Tikka in 6.5 Man Bun or 6.5 Yoga Pants, depending on your choice of emasculating phrasing, is around .5 MOA with Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ammo. I’ve been a .308 shooter for over 20 years and I think the 6.5 CM, MB, YP, etc is an outstanding cartridge. Congrats on the Browning. Sounds like a great deal.

these are great! I own a 6.5 manbun and have noticed that my testosterone has gone up so high that I'm losing hair so I guess I can toss the manbun out the window.

I listened to the Hunt Collective Podcast on my flights this week about a bear attack on Afognak Island. The guy that got chewed on said he was hunting with the 6.5 for elk but when he encountered the Brown Bear sow that messed him up he knew he was under gunned. Seems the converted may be switching back to something bigger.

these are great! I own a 6.5 manbun and have noticed that my testosterone has gone up so high that I'm losing hair so I guess I can toss the manbun out the window.
r.

I suggest a 30 TC and Rogaine. Baby steps for the road to recovery.;)

To the OP you are in good company. I recently added a 6.5 Schmedium Tshirt to my gun safe. It is a Christensen Arms Mesa; which is a bewildering purchase not because of the caliber, but because it sits next to what might as well be its clone that I had built custom 4 years ago chambered in 260. The deal was way below anything I have seen them go for, I have three kids who are going to need a sweet rifle, and I don't want to share my 260 ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back