Elk101 University of Elk Hunting

TexRed

I’ve run low on honey-dos during quarantine so I am considering signing up for the UEH online course. I’ve seen good and bad reviews (mainly good). However, I am curious to hear what some of yalls experiences are with it.

This will be my 4th elk season and I feel like I’ve learned quite a bit just from trial and error. I would just like to advance through the learning curve as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know if UEH is going to drastically reduced the learning curve for you. I found it informative and enjoyed it but a lot of the info that is covered is also available throughout the web on platforms that are free of cost. With that being said though, I am glad I did it and there are plenty of worse things I could have spent money on.

I did It before my first elk hunting season. I definitely think it was worth it if you are totally new and don’t have an experienced hunter to help you out with the learning curve. This year will be my 4th elk season and at this point don‘t think it would be as much help. Lots of good info though.

I did It before my first elk hunting season. I definitely think it was worth it if you are totally new and don’t have an experienced hunter to help you out with the learning curve. This year will be my 4th elk season and at this point don‘t think it would be as much help. Lots of good info though.
That’s kind of what I’m thinking. I’ve looked at the modules and think the only ones I might find beneficial would be elk hunting knowledge, locating elk, and setting up. All stuff that can be found for free or learned with boots on the ground.

I did the UEH thing for a couple of years. I feel its well worth the money. You may be able to find it on Youtube for free but I think you get what you pay for. Cory and crew has done an excellent job of breaking things down into the different modules. I had quite a few years of hunting under my belt when I first signed up for it. I had put a number of elk in the freezer but wasn't consistently getting into good set ups. I found that using the information in the program I am now able to get into elk more consistently, find them easier and also call them in closer. It really helped me and my buddies up our game out in the elk woods. It's not much to pay for the knowledge you get. And I also thought that I really only needed a few of the modules, but after reviewing all of them I found I picked up little things out of every one of them.

Everyone wants something for free these days. Corey has put a ton of effort into the UEH and probably doesn't make that much off of it. It has been refined and improved the last couple years. When you spend thousands of dollars on out of state licenses and tags every year, why not improve your chances of harvesting bulls? And from one of the most experienced and successful elk hunters around.

I think this question is similar to the "Is GoHunt worth it?" question. The information on GoHunt is nothing top secret, but it is all compiled for you in 1 location. The information on UEH is quality, but there is nothing in there that can't be found on the internet for free. It's more of a convenience for the first time elk hunter by having all the information in one spot. Will you regret purchasing it? I don't think so... but I'm the type of person that goes all in when I set my mind to something, and I don't leave anything to chance. Luck favors the prepared...

I like UEH. Thought it had a bunch of good info. I think elknut app gives more bang for the buck. 1x fee of like 5$? And the info really breaks down why things are happening. Well worth the $$

UEH was well put together and thoroughly entertaining if nothing else. Definitely gets the stoke flowing for elk season, as if any of us need any encouragement there!

I got it when it was on sale with the start of all this virus stuff. Haven’t gotten all the way through but have been severely underwhelmed. Nothing I haven’t seen before. I was really hoping for more info on scouting but there really wasn’t. Maybe the stuff I haven’t gotten too will be worth it but as said above,I haven’t seen anything I haven’t seen for free before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back