Elk

Heading out to hunt next Monday around 622. I only have 3 days as my son has a medical procedure. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share any tips? I don't care about antlers just meat. Thank you and I will post when I get home whether successful or not. I really thought I would have more hunting this year but I'm thankful for what I get.

I have hunted that area a number of times. By this time, the elk have split up into smaller groups, around 3 or 4. The bigger bulls might have small harems. Hit the draws at the farthest point from an accessible road. Try to find the thickest areas in those draws. Domestic cattle will not cause problems. I have taken good bulls right among the cattle. Move slowly. I have also found that bugling is a complete waste of time. Only use a cow call if you hear other elk. If they talk, you talk. If they don't you don't. Some guys have used decoys, which I have not. I wish you good luck. Hope the roads aren't washed out from all the rain.

I hope everything goes well with your sons procedure! Keep us posted on your son, and your hunt.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back