Elk or Mule Deer - Pick Your Pleasure

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I am a subscriber to Wyofile. I benefit greatly from journalism and reporting I pay for, rather than rely on the free junk that pollutes our newsfeeds.

Here is just one example of the great work Wyofile does - https://wyofile.com/thriving-elk-struggling-deer-coincidence-new-research-suggests-not/

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 7.51.38 AM.png

The article talks about research that is lending support to the idea that too many elk might mean too few mule deer on certain landscapes. Lots of other factors at play, but I think it is a very interesting topic to research and for hunters to think about. Obviously, there are places where mule are struggling that is not good elk habitat, but this research, along with long-term trends of increasing elk and decreasing mule deer give us a lot to consider.

This is also my pitch for Wyofile. Yeah, it is Wyoming-centric, but many of the articles have a wide scope that has relevance to anyone interested in Western hunting and landscape conservation. If you are so inclined, please subscribe and support independent journalism.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back