Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk Meat Hunts?

Ladykiller

Anyone know of any outfitters or landowners that do inexpensive elk meat hunts? Not looking for a trophy. Just get out and hunt elk. Looking for multiple states, primary focus being WA, OR, ID, MT, and WY since I am based in Washington. Just looking for some outfitters or landowners names.

Anyone know of any outfitters or landowners that do inexpensive elk meat hunts? Not looking for a trophy. Just get out and hunt elk. Looking for multiple states, primary focus being WA, OR, ID, MT, and WY since I am based in Washington. Just looking for some outfitters or landowners names.

I would suggest you look at the literally thousands and thousands of permits available each year for public land in the states you mentioned, especially for "meat hunts" such as antlerless permits.

Last edited:
And I would suggest keeping your opinion to yourself and sticking to the topic of this thread.
Whoa. That seems uncalled for.

You are posting in a DIY and public lands hunting forum. Very few here regularly use outfitters because there are tons of landowners that offer inexpensive (as in free) opportunities to come kill cows on an OTC tag. That’s exactly what @elkantlers was trying to tell you. But if you aren’t interested, guess we’ll just keep them to ourselves.

Good luck finding your outfitter.

I would suggest you look at the literally thousands and thousands of permits available each year for public land in the states you mentioned, especially for "meat hunts" such as antlerless permits.

I was going to give some advice too, but I guess he doesn't want to hear it.
Agreed. Its the advice I would give. Oregon has over the counter damage elk tags on private land. But YOU ( poster) have to be willing to go ask permission to hunt.

It sure but definitely not here in Washington.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back