Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

A blast from the past that I came across at my parents house this weekend. The only surviving picture I know of from my first Elk 25 years ago, first animal with a bow. I was 15 years old here. I used to wear overalls all the time, more country than cornbread! I wasn’t hunting in them, I guess I had changed into them back at camp before we went back to go get him out.View attachment 301490
Great memories!

My then 12 year old nephew with my then 4.5 year old son with my nephews first elk. A bittersweet hunt that took place just two days after my mom passed away. I've been in on some giant bulls hitting the ground, this might have been the best one of all though.

P1190275.jpg
Great memories!

Thank goodness I grew up in an elk hunting family.
Grandpa with my 2 older brothers and me (age 1) skinning elk. (No my mother doesn't dress me anymore!) ;)
View attachment 32112

My grandpa Roy with the last bull elk (atleast that's the story we always tell!) that was legally killed in the old Railroad Ranch in Easten Idaho before It became Harriman State park.
View attachment 32125

Few more elk from before I could go.
View attachment 32113
View attachment 32114

Dad would always let us miss 1 day of school for the rilfe opener when we turned 8 years old. I was so excited that I made myself sick and puked and couldn't go. Later that season, on my first trip, my 2 older brothers and I got to help drag a cow out.
View attachment 32115

Then I got to go! My first elk.
View attachment 32116

It was all downhill from there! All Idaho DIY.
View attachment 32123
View attachment 32124
View attachment 32120

Few Wyo DIY bulls
View attachment 32121
View attachment 32128
View attachment 32122
View attachment 32117
Good pack mules - I mean buddies - are worth their wieght in GOLD! My buddy Rhen packing the BACK HALF of my 6pt from the above pic. Split in half at the 3rd rib. HEAVY :eek:
View attachment 32118

Me, dad and brother, Zane, with Zane's Wyo bull
View attachment 32119

Then it was my turn to pay it forward. Good buddy called and told me his dad, Sid, had just turned 60 and was diagnosed with cancer. He'd never killed a bull elk so "no pressure", but you've got to find him a 6x in Wyo this fall. We did! Wyo 2011.
View attachment 32129

My 12 year old daughter, McKenzie, with her first elk. 10 year old sister Paige assisted! Wyo 2011.
View attachment 32126

I had all 4 of my daughters on the same hunt that Kenz harvested her first elk. This time family friend, Tom, took a cow for the freezer. I'm 4 for 4 on daughters. If I were an angus bull, what would I be worth since I only throw heifers??????::D
View attachment 32127

Pass it on!

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com
Great photos!

7E95D91C-53CF-474C-8AEC-1C7AC23E508E.jpegC10E90D4-6B52-4290-BDE5-20559D218DED.jpeg4DD8E6FD-0FE0-444D-A506-0D8EAB0E5598.jpeg
We got two 5 point bulls, my shooting was really poor. Had multiple misses, but finally connected. Me and my buddy were about 2.8 miles from the road in very high grizzly population, but we got them both out after 2.5 days of skinning, quartering, packing, hanging, and sledding out. Very good eating elk.

A blast from the past that I came across at my parents house this weekend. The only surviving picture I know of from my first Elk 25 years ago, first animal with a bow. I was 15 years old here. I used to wear overalls all the time, more country than cornbread! I wasn’t hunting in them, I guess I had changed into them back at camp before we went back to go get him out.View attachment 301490
Hey watch it!! I resemble that remark!!! LOLOLOL

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back