Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Here's the deal. Since the "Let's see them" pronghorn thread is one of the most viewed on this site, and most viewed by lurkers, I am thinking we should do the same with elk and show how many elk guys on this site take.

This thread will be a "sticky thread" and be at the top of the Elk Forum, from here on out. It doesn't matter when you shot it, how you shot it, or if you were just the person helping, this is the thread to post elk pictures. No need to post a long story, just a pic and a few notes about the hunt.

Be as specific or vague as you want, as far as location.

Here goes.

2005 - Missouri River Breaks rifle tag. My son's first elk. Most fun I ever had on an elk hunt. We were joined by my brother, Logdawg.

View attachment 32075

Thanks for doing this. I hope this thread becomes as popular as the pronghorn thread. I know you guys have shot a lot of elk, so post 'em up right here, even if they have previsouly been posted on another thread.
Beast

IMG_3610 2.JPG
tempImageocwPn8.jpg

My first elk on my 33rd birthday in 2019 in CO GMU 76! Stalked a bugling bull and his harem up through this valley, then stumbled onto the herd. "Bugs Bunny" creeped onto the full herd and got behind a rock - picked out a cow that turned broadside and made a great lung shot at 240yds.

Husband unit and I are archery hunting for the first time this year and I couldn't be more excited. Counting down the days. Really want to get one before he does ;)

View attachment 191889
View attachment 191890

My first elk on my 33rd birthday in 2019 in CO GMU 76! Stalked a bugling bull and his harem up through this valley, then stumbled onto the herd. "Bugs Bunny" creeped onto the full herd and got behind a rock - picked out a cow that turned broadside and made a great lung shot at 240yds.

Husband unit and I are archery hunting for the first time this year and I couldn't be more excited. Counting down the days. Really want to get one before he does ;)
Awesome job on that elk! Your smile says it all.

Lots of firsts with this one, first successful solo hunt, first elk, first time using gutless method, first pack out. I stalked into her bed from my glassing spot a mile away. Shot from 110 yards.

View attachment 191167

View attachment 191168
Sweet & congratulation, lots of 1st for sure! I’m not ready for solo yet,My best friend and I are heading out on our first elk hunt, cow in NM. Can I ask how much meat off her and is she processed yet? We’re wondering how many & what size coolers we need. Thanks!

Sweet & congratulation, lots of 1st for sure! I’m not ready for solo yet,My best friend and I are heading out on our first elk hunt, cow in NM. Can I ask how much meat off her and is she processed yet? We’re wondering how many & what size coolers we need. Thanks!
There is whole threads on here to answer that, use the search function on the top of the page. Search real meat weight

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back