Elk .... Let's see them!!!

My first bull on a 2018 Colorado public land Muzzleloader hunt. My buddy and I watched this guy continually run off a smaller bull and herd his cows for almost an hour late in the first afternoon before making a move on him. We paper, rock, scissored it to see who would have the first shot opportunity and I lost. We got within 50 yds of him and my buddy missed. He didn't pull down on his rear peep enough and shot right over him. The bull never moved after he shot and I was able to put a good shot on him. Better to be lucky than good any day! My buddy redeemed himself day 2 and got a 6 point as well.

Attachments

• 20180920_094026.jpg
    20180920_094026.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 20180915_124831.jpg
    20180915_124831.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
My first bull on a 2018 Colorado public land Muzzleloader hunt. My buddy and I watched this guy continually run off a smaller bull and herd his cows for almost an hour late in the first afternoon before making a move on him. We paper, rock, scissored it to see who would have the first shot opportunity and I lost. We got within 50 yds of him and my buddy missed. He didn't pull down on his rear peep enough and shot right over him. The bull never moved after he shot and I was able to put a good shot on him. Better to be lucky than good any day! My buddy redeemed himself day 2 and got a 6 point as well.
Very nice! Great first post, welcome aboard!

Awesome! Welcome

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back