Caribou Gear

Elk Field judging Thread

2rocky

Here is a link to an Internet Bull that will likely die of old age. What do you think his score would be?

I think those Giant 3rds may put him into the 400" territory but I don't have a lot of experience with bulls of this caliber. I'm looking at a 350 bull right now and this one easily has 4-5 inches more on every tine..

He’s way over 400. He’s also dead, people found him last winter having already shed one side. I think they measured the side he still had and estimated speed and other side put him well over 400

Goodbull outdoors had a score posted on their IG from when they found him in early 22, 426 and some change? he was significantly bigger a couple years before, likely close to 450 when that video was shot...
worth a look at their page, years of photos of the same bull is interesting, and now they have pictures of one of his sons that is probably in the 380's.

I’d say most people field judging elk need to drop 30” of the score so that way when the tape hits it they are only 10” short

Rocky, I made an accurate assessment of your bull. Within two inches as I recall. I think I'll rest on my laurels and quit while I'm ahead.

Here is a link to an Internet Bull that will likely die of old age. What do you think his score would be?

I think those Giant 3rds may put him into the 400" territory but I don't have a lot of experience with bulls of this caliber. I'm looking at a 350 bull right now and this one easily has 4-5 inches more on every tine..

He's gonna gross over 410" all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back