Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Elk camps

6 man seek outside tipi with a titanium cylinder stove:

D7793B79-2183-4B74-B6D3-823B3523A21F.jpg

Didn't take any pictures of the inside but it was decked out pretty well with cots, etc.

Pretty nice setup if you don't have to haul it in very far on your back. Worked really good last year camping out off of an ATV trail though.

A0178C2C-FC38-4BE9-900F-8F49D2D67B82.jpg

I have a Shangri-La 5 now for any real backpacking.

I would be embarrassed to show up with all that junk in the woods. Looks like a trailer park threw up. Packing an elk would be better than packing all that stuff.

It does seem like a bit much.
But then again everyone has their own comfort levels and if they were not having a good time they probably wouldn't be out there hunting. I'm all for comfort short of staying in a motel.
The minimalist backpack hunt is not for me and I suspect many hunters feel the same way. I'm just not into torturing myself for the sake of getting an animal.

Last edited:
Yes, I was in 410 for a day. I also hunted down by Wisdom opening weekend. But after my morning hunt on Saturday, my wife called and I had to go home as a very big Willow fell over in our yard and knocked our 500 gallon propane tank over. Luckily no one got hurt. My 2 weeks of elk hunting vacations ended up only 2 days. Such is life.

Since I haven't seen one like this posted yet, here's what I did for one hunt last year. An ice fishing shelter is a good option for a camp that needs to have some comforts but very fast for setup and takedown. Shelter, cot, chair, heater, and a dry place to stand for dressing, packing and organizing equipment. 10 minutes or less for setup.

It'll need a tarp if rain is a possibility, and a towel to wipe condensation from the ceiling. Other than that, it was a great option for staying mobile.

fast-camp - 1.jpgfast-camp - 2.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back