Elk are socially distanced on federal land...

beartoothhiker

I had the opportunity to fill a shoulder season tag on the last day of the season last week and was pleased to discover the elk on the federal land were wearing masks and socially distanced 6-10 feet apart! The herd on the private ranch just across the fence were in a large herd not socially distanced and were not wearing masks - possibly already had "herd" immunity? (bringing some fun to the daily stresses and not looking for a debate on shoulder seasons :))

Attachments

• elk-mask.jpg
    elk-mask.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Haha! I thought these elk were like the elk in my unit, they were distant!

Congrats on the hunt !! I really enjoy those late season cow hunts (Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico). I agree ... let's not debate the Shoulder season. Just share beartoothhiker's hunt. In fact, beartoothhiker, give us some details on the hunt and gear you used !
I had the opportunity to fill a shoulder season tag on the last day of the season last week and was pleased to discover the elk on the federal land were wearing masks and socially distanced 6-10 feet apart! The herd on the private ranch just across the fence were in a large herd not socially distanced and were not wearing masks - possibly already had "herd" immunity? (bringing some fun to the daily stresses and not looking for a debate on shoulder seasons :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back