Elk are bugling in my area...

supersider34

Went up today to drop a load of bait for bears as I have seen bears every time up there so far. Hauled up 2 55 gal drums. Well stopped to listen right before day light and I thought I heard a distant bugle. So I blow mine and instantly got 3 different bulls bugle. Off the road. I waited 5 minutes and bugled again I got a bugle back from closer. Another few minutes and I heard grunting coming from behind some bushes about 100 yds away. I went up the road and I took my 12 yr old son up with me and he was asleep and didnt want to wake up. So I hiked in and found a ton of sign of elk so I slipped out and went and dropped my bait. I didnt stay up there as I am going to go back up from the 17th till the 26th and had some honey do's to do this weekend. My son is ADHD and Bi Polar and I have tried to archery hunt with him with me and it didnt trun out very well. So this is why I didnt stay up there for any time to hunt them. But can't wait till this next weekend now as I have a friend going up and the kids grandpa is going after a bear from the bait I put out.
Good luck to you all on the upcoming hunts.

Nothing like the sound of elk this time of year. Good luck when you head back out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back