PEAX Equipment

Elite Impulse 34

I don't but its also on the short list for my bow upgrade, not that I need to upgrade my Hoyt Vector. I will say this, make sure you shoot the new Mathews Halon before buying anything. never been a big Mathews guy but man it was awesome. Super fast for a super easy draw cycle too, just a touch less smooth than the Elites I've drawn in the past. I really wanted to love the Hoyt Defiant Turbo but the Halon was calling my name more than the Hoyt buy a good margin

I have a I31, with my 28.5 draw length it fit me better then the 34. I like it better then my E32 even though it las less brace hight. It hold very well, plenty of valley and let off. I also had no trouble squeaking a little better then IBO out of it with hunting weight arrows. It's going to be my go to Bow for moose and Mulies this season while my Elite Spirt will be in my Whitetail stands with me. I have one complaint it goes for all of elites bows ( except the spirit) that I would like a sub 4 pound mass weight for base weight bow. That said its chose enough to that it isn't any real bother.

I had a bear mauler and although it wasn't top of the line I loved it and didn't think I'd ever have another bow I'd like as much. I ordered in an I34 early this year and my Mauler has been gathering dust since.

The criticism I've heard is people saying "it's not an elite draw its too stiff". The same people mind you that complained before that the draw was good but the bow wasn't quick enough, go figure. It's stiffer the a synergy for sure but it's still a delight to draw and shoot. And if nothing else that back wall is to die for! You can hust hold at full draw all day. If you buy it I guarantee you'll love it like I do!

Elite fan here. Have a 2008.5 Z28 and a 2011 Pure. Love them both. That said, I shot the I34 recently and it left me amazed.....and cold. It (and most modern bows) no longer have any soul. No feedback. Like you're not part of what happened while taking the shot.

The I34 drew nice for me and actually felt very similar to my Z28 (firm pull, late peak, dump into valley), but if it weren't for me seeing the arrow streak away at the shot, I'd have no idea i launched an arrow. No feedback. No feel. Too dead in the hand.

I know that's what people are after, but it left me wanting to go home and shoot my "old" Elites.

Emrah

Back