NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Electronic Scales. Which one do you suggest???

Elkgunner

Tired of the old beam balance scale, gonna join the 1990's and move to them fancy-schmancy electronic scales. What do you suggest?

We only reload for rifle hunting, we don't waste time shooting pistols or loading for them. It is all about Centerfire rifles. Maybe load 100-300 rounds, max a year, but in batches of 20-30 per night per gun.

And what is the current, best place to mail order it from? (along with some .308 dies)?

Thanks for you suggestions, in advance.

I'd stick with the double beam unless you wanna spend LOT of bucks. A former editor of the Wolfe magazines did a tests using a bunch of the electronic scales and the results were a bit disappointing. Not only were they less accurate than the double beams, they were much more sensitive to external conditions; ie air cond kicking on, etc.

www.midwayusa.com and www.lockstock.com have a HUGE selection and very good prices. Unless you are ordering a lot at once, Sportsman's is pretty competetive. IMO, I like Redding dies better than the RCBS sets I have. Plus, I've messed up two decapping rods on the Reddings (not enough lube) and they've replaced them for free!

i have thought about the electronic scales but everyone here has talked me out of it.midway is maybe the best place to get your components and if you pay attention they run alot of specials

Gunner, Kotter and Warren bought a New High fancy electronic Scale. You should talk to them about it .

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back