Electronic Moose Calls

F

fwagner

So booked my hunt in Canada....turns out that in the part of Ontario that I will be hunting in they allow electronic calls/calling. Im a complete rookie to moose hunting, have had success in calling turkey and elk but was wondering what everyone thought about using electronic calls. Would you use them if you could or would a nice home made birch bark call sound better? Thanks.

I'd hate to risk a possibly once in a lifetime hunt on a set of batteries (or even worse have to cart around a caller plus a backup). It seems with a bit of practice one could make the necessary calls with your voice.

No need to buy a call. Moose sounds are very easy to make and you don't need to be perfect to be effective. Check out the DVDs I PM'd you about. You'll be much deadlier with that info than an electric call. Let me know if you want to borrow mine.

I'm buying a moose magnet for my hunt this year.X2 on not risking a hunt on some batteries.You can easily make the sounds if your an elk or turkey caller already

My guide used one on my moose hunt in Newfoundland a couple years back. It was just additional weight. It made no difference in the outcome. He called my moose using his mouth.

The electronic call did have more volume, though. I would not buy one.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back