Electronic Caller

Jay Nistetter

This is what a good caller can do. Not every time, but if you're patient and persistant, who knows what can happen. :)

FP01.jpg

I was using FoxPro model 416B with remote. It is difficult filming coyotes.
Much harder than just calling and hunting.
Filming requires that you break a lot of rules about hunting in order to get decent film.

This unit features 16 sounds of your choice. Cost is $400
The site is located at www.gofoxpro.com
This is a really great little unit.
Great sound, plenty of volume, sound choices, programmable, choice of camo and a lot more.

If you buy something from my site, you'll get a 10% discount coupon good on your next purchase and Rhino Calls, FoxPro or you can use it for Coning To The Call Videos from Byron South.
Works out to be a heck-uv-a-deal. I'm not a dealer either. I have to work for a living.
My stuff is just a hobby and an accounting headache.

Well... It sounds like I turned into a commercial. Don't mean to be that way.

I am an avid predator caller and I don't even use my own calls half the time. I've used just about every call made at one time or another.

Here's a different coyote same day.
FP02.jpg

Here's a dog I took with a modified PreyMaster. I call it my Purex Master. Has an urban camo flair to it. It's a great little unit too. Plenty of volume on this unit as well and the proven Johnny Stewart library at your disposal.

PurexMaster02.jpg

And just to show you that I do hand call, here's a call that works just as good as any. I have no idea what the history is.

Unknown3.jpg

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it! I've been using Slydog's hand call and having a blast. But, I do see the benefit of an e-caller, especially when calling alone.

My friend has a fox pro same model as pictured. It's most effective when the dogs get educated to the bunny call IMO. We've played just magpie feeding frenzy sounds and they come in a runnin.

I like your idea on the JS Preymaster. Recon missions through my wife's closet show that is what I'm getting for Christmas! Other than mounting it in the bottle, did you do anything else to it? How does the wired remote play the cord out?

be sure to check local regs on the legality of those things before using them as they arent legal everywhere.in florida you cant use any mechanical calling devices for any animal.in south carolina you can use them for coyotes but not for bobcats.i would hate to see someone get in trouble by ignorance of the law |oo

I am definitely looking into one of these electronic callers. I have never wanted one until a few weeks ago.

I was out calling yotes in an area I have been into before. I have always at least had one come in in this general area, but this day was different. I had been calling for about 1 1/2 hours and changed to 4 different locations. I had decided this would be my last stand and was about 5 minutes from leaving when I heard something off behind my right shoulder. I thought that having a coyote put the sneak on me from the rear was fairly unusual because the slight wind was also from my back. I was really suprised in the next few seconds when I heard a very low growl that I have never heard before. I turned and was looking eye to eye with the biggest cat I have ever seen! Ok maybe it was 30 yds away and had already turned to get away, but I did get a shaky shot off. I knew instantly I missed, but searched for a few minutes for any sign. I did find where the cat had sat and watched me. No telling how long it was there, but it was only 25 yds away from where I sat. I have never seen cat tracks in the area and have never seen a cat alive other than this one. It was definitely a humbling experience, knowing that I was not the apex hunter in the woods that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back