Eastern Montana Mule Deer 2014

Wow, great story with a great bunch of buddies! I'll have to say also not much got past your four:). Congrats to you all and thanks for sharing your hunt and pictures with us!

Your buck is a nice one for E MT. Much better than average. Later in the season is a fun time to hunt but don't count on the hunting to be that much better. There will be more hunters and many of the bucks will have moved to the high doe concentrations. The big doe concentrations are often in Ag fields and it is hard for a DIY to get access. Again nice buck. you should be happy with that one.

Mighty fine first deer for Montana. I''m glad to hear you're gonna be a little more selective on what you shoot next year and hopefully let those young bucks grow a little more. Congrats on the hunt and hopefully Montana treated you guys well!

Thanks everybody, to answer what map we all went to West Virginia university for wildlife and fisheries. We graduated in the fall of 2012 and decided we needed to start an annual hunting trip to meet back up. We are from Ny, WV, and VA

dcoryn, congrats on an exceptional hunt. You guys did well for sure. Certain areas of central / eastern MT have taken a bad hit to the mule deer these past few years. Looks like you found one of the right spots on your hunt. Hope you come back and do it again!

Twodot. We were in an area that was hammered by two hard winters and ehd. According to locals numbers were wayyyy down but we were still happy with numbers and our success. We only saw two Whiteys the whole trip I believe they were hit harder than the Muleys. But mature bucks were few and far between, there was a huge amount of forkys and small bucks that hopefully blew up with the mild winter and wet summer this year

Congrats on a great buck they don't get much better than that. Good job on the hunt and welcome to HT hang around great place! And by the way WVU is in my backyard just about so hey neighbor. I love MT. heading back for my 12th year this year after mulies and elk in central MT. usually hit E MT. myself.

Back