Yeti GOBOX Collection

Early Nevada deer hunt

dmserpa

Just a couple of pics showing the rewards and difficulties of deer hunting in the midst of some great Elk!!!

Attachments

• Nev Deer 10-5-12 011s.jpg
    Nev Deer 10-5-12 011s.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 937
  • Nev Deer 10-5-12 099S.jpg
    Nev Deer 10-5-12 099S.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 847
  • Nev Deer 10-5-12 114S.jpg
    Nev Deer 10-5-12 114S.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 836
Awesome deer and great "scenery." Always fun to see elk whether you can hunt them or not, at least you can shoot them with a camera.

Looks like a fun hunt. Got to love Nevada. Do you have any more pics? Would love to see more from your trip.

Great pics.

I go to NV for a muley rut hunt in 10 days.....a potential storm system is showing up for 8 days out. I'll have 12 days to hunt, so I'm going to wait for the beeeg one.

I'm getting very excited.

What area did you get those in? I grew up in northeastern Nevada and I've seen some monster muleys up in the Rubies. My little sister got a nice and wide 5x5 out in area 6

Thats the Monitor range north of Tonapah, I also would love to hunt Nevada every year but its been 10 years since our last hunt there. The Elk really made it a fun deer hunt!

I just got back from a nearly two week bull elk hunt in area 6. I have to say that it was the hardest hunt I have ever done. Between the weather, lack of weather (drought), and the shear number of hunters out there, the conditions were horrible. Nevada gave out soo many more tags this year that everyone is reporting very tuff hunting conditions. The animals are being pushed everywhere, especially onto private land if it's nearby. A local guy in Elko, NV told my brother in law that our bull was only the second one that he had seen this hunting season. Any of you that know, Elko is the biggest hunting area in NV and that's pretty crazy to hear. The positive thing is that we had seen soo many deer and antelope. Easily over 1000 deer and probably 400 antelope. Even after 4 straight days of snow, we were still finding alot of deer in the high country. Mostly above 6-7000 ft. I just want to give people a heads up. It was not a nice surprise to hear all the negative reports from locals. Hopefully the weather isn't to bad. I will Never pray for snow again!! Nevada is a great state to hunt and hopefully NDOW will reconsider giving out so many tags ever again. Good luck with a great rut tag.

nice looking bucks, congrats. my brother-in-law lives in vegas so he hunts in nevada regularly. he hunts the rubies a lot and id love to go with him one of these times

Back