Early Big Game Hunts

There's some great off season suggestions here, enough to keep us busy for sure. Now for some longer haul planning.

each country's restrictions because of the virus will need to be researched if your thinking before August 31st, this year, but things are starting to open up a bit.

Both the Navajo and Apache reservations in Arizona have reopened and although it is a bit spendy, magnificent trophy Elk can be found on those reservations.

If you are considering NZ for Red Stag, you might look at Argentina. The hunt cost is similar, but the air fare to Argentina is less. Also if your thinking of doing more while there, imho --the fishing is better in NZ, but the dove hunting is legendary in Argentina--IF--he and/or you had an interest in adding a second memory to your hunt together.

You might also consider something a bit different. Although turkey hunting is common place in the U.S., an Occelated turkey hunt in Mexico is a bit different and the birds are beautiful.

And, of course if you are thinking outside the box, ask him, which animal, state, country he would like to hunt, visit, see

Enjoy your time together.

Never heard of them. Jayson Medieros would be my guide. He also works for the Lana'i Company deer management. He's on Facebook.
I’m not on Facebook. Can you DM me or post the phone number here please?

Lana'i Hawaii for axis deer and mouflon sheep. Fly into Maui and take the ferry to Lana'i. Axis deer are in rut during the summer months for the most part. Doesn't have to cost a fortune either.
View attachment 152778View attachment 152779
I've done Lanai (twice) for Axis, Molokai for turkey, and the Big Island for Mouflon. 100% shot opportunity, but I did miss the Mouflon due to a loose magma rest that just slipped at the wrong moment, and not as expensive as one might imagine. Another Solid standby is Pigs......Year round in SOOOOOO may places!

I've done Lanai (twice) for Axis, Molokai for turkey, and the Big Island for Mouflon. 100% shot opportunity, but I did miss the Mouflon due to a loose magma rest that just slipped at the wrong moment, and not as expensive as one might imagine. Another Solid standby is Pigs......Year round in SOOOOOO may places!
Solo or with a guide?

Might look into Nilgai in South Texas, they can be hunted year round and are a really cool trophy....while your down there, hire a guide and do some trout and red fishing

I’m gonna do this in Maui in August. What thing should I know?

Also, I need to do this with an outfitter. Can I get some recommendations based off experience anyone’s used.

Back