Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Earliest elk yet

TRS_Montana

My annual exercise plan usually consists of finding ways to not get too fat before September comes around, then dropping 10-20 pounds from 2 months of sleep-deprived excursions sprinting over ridges after bugles and busted elk. This year, three bulls walk by at 10 yards after less than three miles of hiking. Hopefully I’ll be just as motivated to sprint as many ridges helping friends fill tags! And, definitely not the farthest pack out we’ve done, but very high suck factor on this one. 5” of sticky snow, a heavy pack, and dense downfall make for a fun day.
Good luck to everyone as things heat up!BE7B3CF7-625A-4F10-8AF3-438FC8640CCF.jpegD800EF9A-9029-410A-B86F-8BE8EE596AEC.jpegBEB694E5-00FE-47D5-81BE-56818BAE46B7.jpeg

Well done! I can't believe you were packing out in wet snow when Friday I was packing mine out in shorts and a t-shirt here in North Idaho.

Seriously. We had a red-flag warning the day before. First time I've ever experienced a red-flag warning one day, then a winter weather advisory the next. Insane.

Congrats. Looked pretty gnarly coming out. I remember my grandpa saying....if you shoot one down in that hole, you are going to have stay down there and eat him cuz I’m not helping pack one out of there...lol. Well done!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back