Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dumping Cable TV

Haven't had cable or satellite in a few years. Have Netflix Amazon, and hulu all for around $10 each +/- a few $. With hulu you can watch most of the network and cable shows at your convenience. We picked up HBO app for 2 months just to watch Game of Thrones then dropped it. We use all of this through the playstation witch also has a browser I can watch YouTube through, cant rememberthe last time I actually played a game on it.
A lot of TVs you can just use a fire stick on and not even have another console. You can get all of those apps plus more on the fire stick.

Our communications provider dumped cable! Effective August. They don’t even want folks equipment back.
We cut it last Fall. Smart TV, antenna around 18/20 channels (weather dependent) Internet TV a ton, Hulu, Netflix and Prime. From $200+ to around $70 a month. Couldn’t be happier about it.

My TV/Internet bill just jumped to $189 a month. I watch about 5-6 channels, but use the net like hell. This is a $60 increase in just 2 years! More than my car payment.

NOPE.

I'm thinking of dumping the TV all together, either getting an antenna or just getting an el-cheapo laptop and plugging it in. With unlimited net I have Netflix, TubiTv, YouTube....and save about $120 a month!

Anyone made the jump ?
Welcome to 2003

My wife and I haven’t had cable since we left our parents house for college. 14ish years I guess...

We have a roku TV and our family shares logins for channels. I think we pay $90 a month all together.

We pay a bit more for faster internet speed so I can work from home when necessary.

I have to have hardline, high speed internet for work so it cost me about $40 a month after the portion I get reimbursed for. Basic cable comes with that. I HATE have to pay them anything but am on the hook until I retire. The only things I would want to see on there it would cost me at least another $50 a month for the package I would have to get. Nope.....

Not that I don't still pay the cable company, the only real choice for high speed internet is through Comcast around here, but I haven't had a TV package through them since 2010. I do however have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime accounts at a fraction of the cost. Messed around with the Playstation Vue app as well for a while, but the cost/benefit ratio wasn't high enough for even my wife, who happens to think I grow money in my garden boxes instead of mostly just weeds.

Dumped it, wife replaced it some other apps like sling, Amazon and Netflix.....dont miss it at all.

Been 8 years since I had a dish. When I visit someone else and watch their cable, it is almost impossible to sit through the commercials now.

We've never had it since being married. I think it's a waste of money to be honest. We split a Netflix account with my brother in law. We have a Roku which makes it easy to watch YouTube. I do enjoy watching sports, but not enough to pay for it. Last year after hunting season we got YouTubeTV, then cancelled it right after March madness. I can see us doing that again. Even that starts to add up after a few months though.

Back