Dumb Question

Brian in Montana

I have a couple items I'd kind of like to try selling, but... How do you sell something online? I get I could take pictures and post them with a description and price, etc. But somebody in another state wants to buy it, then what? Usually the buyer sends a check and I'd ship the merch after it clears? I hear of PayPal, but I'm not even entirely sure what it is.

???

I have a couple items I'd kind of like to try selling, but... How do you sell something online? I get I could take pictures and post them with a description and price, etc. But somebody in another state wants to buy it, then what? Usually the buyer sends a check and I'd ship the merch after it clears? I hear of PayPal, but I'm not even entirely sure what it is.

???

I prefer Zelle as I am a WellsFargo customer and like that payments go right to my account. PayPal is easy to set up (just need an email address), but then it is stuck in that account without paying fees to move to your real bank. But if you don’t need the cash right away, you can leave the value there and then use it to buy something else via paypal. Make sure folks use the “friend and family” feature or you will also get charged credit card type fees applied to the funds. You can also do USPS money order or a bank cashier’s check, they clear pretty quickly upon deposit. I would never take personal check over the web.

I'm a Wells Fargo customer, I will look into Zelle, but I've never heard of it. Is that something I'd just walk into the local branch and ask about?

I'd recommend using Venmo. Everyone seems to use it. The money goes directly to your bank account as well. It's pretty easy to setup as well.

I'm a Wells Fargo customer, I will look into Zelle, but I've never heard of it. Is that something I'd just walk into the local branch and ask about?
Setup is easy on the online banking site. Provide the email and confirm on cell phone and you are good to go. I am sure there is a “how to” on the web.

WF are crooks...bank local people and help your community not the potters of the world. Rant over

I use venmo and paypal. After @mtmuley post maybe just venmo now.

Paypal will cancel your transfer if they know it is for firearms or ammo. But of course they would almost never know what two private parties are exchanging. But small shops that used it got hit hard when they cracked down. Paypal is one of the worst anti-2A companies out there.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back