Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

duck boats and blinds

Got the blind grassed back up. Before season in the fall it will get touched up with some natural vegetation. Earlier it was fast grass over rafia grass. Now it is reversed. I believe it's about 700 zip ties and some sore fingers.
20210227_133725.jpg
20210227_133739.jpg
20210227_133648.jpg

We decided the raffia was to light. I used a mix of taupe and brown RIT die mixed in a spray bottle to darken it up. You can buy the raffia dyed from some sources. You can also find mixing recipes for all kind of vegetation matches on the interweb. I'd suggest dying and drying on a clothes line before attaching to blind.
20210304_161718.jpg
Very happy with how it turned out. This was a good project to get done with my son while it was freezing here through February. Now it's time to get ready for fishing. The blind is light enough two people can lift it off but why would you when you have a fork truck handy?
20210309_154110.jpg

Looking good! Drop some green heads for me this year
Got the blind grassed back up. Before season in the fall it will get touched up with some natural vegetation. Earlier it was fast grass over rafia grass. Now it is reversed. I believe it's about 700 zip ties and some sore fingers.
View attachment 176752
View attachment 176753
View attachment 176754

We decided the raffia was to light. I used a mix of taupe and brown RIT die mixed in a spray bottle to darken it up. You can buy the raffia dyed from some sources. You can also find mixing recipes for all kind of vegetation matches on the interweb. I'd suggest dying and drying on a clothes line before attaching to blind.
View attachment 176751
Very happy with how it turned out. This was a good project to get done with my son while it was freezing here through February. Now it's time to get ready for fishing. The blind is light enough two people can lift it off but why would you when you have a fork truck handy?
View attachment 176756

Finally picked up a mud motor over the weekend. 2015 Backwater 35. Can't believe I waited so long to get one of these things! Took it out for the first time Sunday afternoon. It's very easy to handle. Saw over 20 MPH on my GPS, not even at full throttle. The prop was blowing out of the water after that. I have made an adjustment to the cavitation plate and heading out for another ride after work.

Going to be a tight fit under the blind but I'm pretty sure it will fit without any modification.
20210502_145539.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back