PEAX Equipment

Drought for the west

Good luck to ya 🤞🏻
So far our “three days of snow” has amounted to about three hours😕

Shoot we got more than that down here. Reservoir levels are so low that it's just a drop in the bucket for us. Maybe it will push fire season off another week though.

We're going to need another 2017 before the growers get a normal year again.

Shoot we got more than that down here. Reservoir levels are so low that it's just a drop in the bucket for us. Maybe it will push fire season off another week though.

Yeah I heard you guys got some down there over the pass, we could use it as well.

This was less than two miles from us a few days ago, idiot though he would still burn “because it’s only April” but they got it knocked down quick!

AABA5BDD-BD13-4921-AFDB-EDC7446D7B55.jpeg

Fought my first fire ever down your way, over forty years ago, on the Applegate!

I aint seen the mountains just west of me in 2 days, snowing constantly just to warm outside to accumulate anything other than a dusting but ground is getting good and wet, needed! Thinking up high has a significant increase in pack, its been consistently coming down.

Dustings! Lucky SOBs

I'm stranded in Hardin, MT because of ice and snow drifts. They closed a chunk of I90 outside of Livingston (weirdly, not the stretch to Bozeman), and now I'm at the Super 8 waiting to go home. I dunno if they reopened it yet, but I'm just spending the night and calling it good.

The guy who plowed the parking lot missed a 2ft drift out in front of the rooms though and I tracked like a half gallon worth of snow into my room :(

My jobsite North of Belgrade got nothing.
At home North of Three Forks who knows how much the way the wind has been plowing. Pleasant surprise when I got home. Glad my wife was headed to New Mexico today, ...don't have to shovel her half of the garage apron. 🤣20220412_174543.jpg

^Same here in the Madison Valley. It’s either bare ground from the wind or piled into drifts. I plowed one portion of my driveway that was out of the wind and it looked like there was a foot there. The rest was blown totally bare.

I saw a couple of posts on Facebook saying Pony got more than 3 feet. One person said almost 4 feet.

^Same here in the Madison Valley. It’s either bare ground from the wind or piled into drifts. I plowed one portion of my driveway that was out of the wind and it looked like there was a foot there. The rest was blown totally bare.

I saw a couple of posts on Facebook saying Pony got more than 3 feet. One person said almost 4 feet.
Yeah, I saw 47" for Pony.
Good news.
Half my subdivision roads have 5' drifts...little welcome for all the refugees getting their piece of the pie.

I have about 2 feet at my house in Jefferson City. Most extreme road conditions I have ever been out in last night. Plows were working hard but could not keep up. Easily an inch and a half if not two per hour. The mountains around me gotta be breaking 3 feet with this storm, and it is a dense snow. It won't save us, but it is welcome and will help.

What's crazy is 19 miles to the north in Helena, there is none.
North Hills got a little snow and a bunch of wind. Maybe it all blew to the South Hills?

4000 acres in the Ruidoso fire as of this morning. 150 structures burned so far. Winds to 60 again today.
Fire in Gila contained. Hermits is blowing up again.
This is the 1st calm morning in weeks here. Not for long tho.

4000 acres in the Ruidoso fire as of this morning. 150 structures burned so far. Winds to 60 again today.
Fire in Gila contained. Hermits is blowing up again.
This is the 1st calm morning in weeks here. Not for long tho.
I Have a buddy from Vegas and from want he's said and what I've found that hermits fire grew like 5,000 acres at least yesterday. Onxs fire maps are perty cool

North Hills got a little snow and a bunch of wind. Maybe it all blew to the South Hills?

When I drove to work yesterday morning there was progressively less snow, though still more than a foot in Clancy, and by the time I got to Montana city there was only a dusting.

The mountains in west-central MT did pretty good. 4 feet of new snow in one storm. Pretty dang good for mid April.

1649859077365.png

I had -10 below dew point and 5% humidity this morn,21 deg. Bone dry air.
8 months of below average percip.

Mcbride fire is 5700 ac. 250 structures gone and 2 dead now.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back