Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Drop camps

mn taxidermist

I'm posting this for a couple of friends of mine. They're in their 60's and are looking for a reputable drop camp. They're experienced hunters but want help getting a little farther back in. Although they'd love to shoot a trophy they'd be happy with a small bull or even a cow,

Colorado, but most of the reputable ones will already be booked for this season. Might be a better idea to get a preference point this year and go on a quality hunt next year. But I would still suggest contacting outfitters now to get booked. We went with Bar H out of Meeker in 2009 and they were a good outfit.

Haven't actually used this outfitter, but I did talk to Dave Parri's Outfitting and Guide Service here in Colorado. Saw him listed on gohunt, and called him since he was in the area I was going to hunt.
When I called, he was all booked up, but the guy actually spent time talking to me, listened to what I wanted/needed, and actually suggested another outfitter who might be able to help. I was entirely impressed with his friendliness and help.
I know he does drop camps, and I'm thinking about pinging him for this year.

--Dana

Colorado, but most of the reputable ones will already be booked for this season. Might be a better idea to get a preference point this year and go on a quality hunt next year. But I would still suggest contacting outfitters now to get booked. We went with Bar H out of Meeker in 2009 and they were a good outfit.

Another option in the Meeker/Flat Tops area is Sable Mountain Outfitters. Used them in 2015 for a guided hunt (3 of 4 successful in our camp). They have both guided and drop camps.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back