PEAX Equipment

Drone Photography/Videography

BucksnDucks

Anyone have experience with drones? I'm looking to get one around $500, maybe a bit more if there is a huge performance difference. My son (19 yr old) will be operating and is fairly experienced in photography. He has a Go Pro, not sure if it's best to utilize that camera or look for drone with camera. Any advice appreciated, there's a ton out there and I hope to narrow choice down.
BTW- Not hunting related, so I'm not looking to start a scouting debate. Might utilize on a hunt or fishing trip for memories but not for finding critters

Mavic Mini, photo quality is great for social media, not quite what you would want to print out a poster or something. Very easy to fly, I was able to take the last pic with a 2 min explanation of the controls. She recently got a new one that has a much better camera but it's insane flying it you have to use a VR display.

Some photos take with my sisters mavic mini.

Cape Coast Ghana
1624552917482.png
Oaxaca, Mexico
1624552964623.png
1624553269996.png

Colorado... deer hunt
1624553110814.png

Drones are amazing tools for capturing the essence of nature or activity from an entirely new view. Prior to drone use... body height was the common theme for capturing the moment.

Thus was few years back and playing/ testing the follow and avoidance mode while on a bear hunt.

*Reviewed by fwp and approved as legal... at that time.

Drones are amazing tools for capturing the essence of nature or activity from an entirely new view. Prior to drone use... body height was the common theme for capturing the moment.

Thus was few years back and playing/ testing the follow and avoidance mode while on a bear hunt.

*Reviewed by fwp and approved as legal... at that time.

Great clip!

Mavic Mini, photo quality is great for social media, not quite what you would want to print out a poster or something. Very easy to fly, I was able to take the last pic with a 2 min explanation of the controls. She recently got a new one that has a much better camera but it's insane flying it you have to use a VR display.

Some photos take with my sisters mavic mini.

Cape Coast Ghana
View attachment 186550
Oaxaca, Mexico
View attachment 186551
View attachment 186553

Colorado... deer hunt
View attachment 186552
Nice pics, the Mavic Mini is high on the list

What's their avg flight time? I hear it's close to my larger Mavic platinum version 25 min?

And the video... darn hard to beat.

The price point... beats the hell out of my purchase.

Be sure to p/u extra batteries. They are the lifeblood of enjoyment. Once my batteries die, it brings back those child sensations of teacher sticking me in the corner for 10 minutes after 5 paddles!

What's their avg flight time? I hear it's close to my larger Mavic platinum version 25 min?

And the video... darn hard to beat.

The price point... beats the hell out of my purchase.

Be sure to p/u extra batteries. They are the lifeblood of enjoyment. Once my batteries die, it brings back those child sensations of teacher sticking me in the corner for 10 minutes after 5 paddles!
I believe it's about 25 minutes, video quality is fantastic and seems pretty easy to fly

I was going to suggest checking out a gear site like adorama, though Costco is selling the bundle for the same price. Found this bundle for 450 with a hard case but I don’t think it has the extra battery (huge time saver) that Costco’s bundle includes. Just beware how much time you’re going to spend cruising for drone deals - there are so many cool options (even thermal drone options) these days.

So, as I was saying the video quality is impressive. Well, we just found out we were not even using the highest quality setting, 4K. Will see what that looks like soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back