MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dream unit for antelope?

Went round and round doing as much research as possible, and just put 15 points in the draw this year. Not hard to dial in information and we narrowed it down to 6-8 zones in short enough order. Not that they're the 'best' but for a NR who hasnt spent a ton of time there, they'll all provide excellent hunting I'd imagine with enough work. Now its just a matter of waiting for the draw gods lol

Didnt we have great discussion not long ago on unit 21 and all the antelope killed there?

Thankfully for you, Wyoming numbers their pronghorn game management units in order from best to worst quality based on horn size, density and public access.

Unit 1 is the best. All bucks over a year old have 18 inch horns with 9 inch cutters. Densities are about 1,000 antelope per square mile and all the land is public.

Once you get into the 80s, 90s and 100s there are hardly any antelope, almost no public land and the biggest bucks have 7 inch horns on wet years.

Best of luck.

Unit 61 due to a historically good reputation and proximity to Rawlins. Because who wants to rough it on an antelope hunt. That said, I will throw my random dart at a different unit with obscenely horrendous odds this year, instead of the impossible odds for 61.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back