Drawing Odds in MN?

Wapiti23

Hi everyone its been a while since I have been on here. I am wondering if anyone has any information on drawing odds for a nonresident in BMU 25 in Minnesota? I have looked for some stats on it and cant find anything. I may be applying for the tag this spring and am just curious on what a guys chances are on getn a tag without any preferance points. Any info would be great.

Why do you want to hunt BMU 25 there a plenty of bears in the OTC areas and you get 2 bears. I hunt in the OTC and could kill a bear every year. Plenty of state land to hunt there will be other hunters unless you look to small areas or private, pm me if you need any help.

And if you draw, mntaxidermist can do you a fantastic job on your critter. He is not only very good, but very trustworthy. He happens to live in the heart of some of the best bear country in northern MN.

I have known him for 46 years and he is on the short list of guys I want in my foxhole when "the fertilizer hits the ventilator." If you can get him to talk, he can give you some serious deer, bear, and walleye advice.

Just don't ask him for any stories about me, or my career on TV will quickly be down the tubes. :eek:

Why do you want to hunt BMU 25 there a plenty of bears in the OTC areas and you get 2 bears. I hunt in the OTC and could kill a bear every year. Plenty of state land to hunt there will be other hunters unless you look to small areas or private, pm me if you need any help.

Are there more bears in the two bear areas than the draw areas? I looked at hunting minnesota but there isnt a ton a public land in the over the counter areas and figured we would have to compete with a lot of other hunters. I got the impression the two bear areas were less populated areas with the intention to keep population from spreading further out. We ended up going to Idaho.

The reason I want to hunt 25 is because I have a friend that lives in International Falls and he would be my connection for the hunt. He didnt know what the draw odds were for a nonresident and I was curious. I was going to go on a semi-guided hunt in Ontario but if I could save a lil bit of money and less time traveling, I would just go to MN. Thank you Fin for the taxidermist note, hopefully with luck I'll need one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back