Draw Recap

Bullshot

Always interesting stuff in the CO recap if you like playing with excel. I attempt to do some deep diving each year and am probably rushing through and might have miscalculated in my haste, but did something happen at the elk 20+ point levels? There is always some attrition but seems to be a bit more this year in some cohorts... More people were forgetful or gave up? Covid? (God forbid). I'll leave it to others to see if they see the same. Can't reveal my methods and all ;).

Numbers still look grim on the primo hunts, each year seems to get me just slightly over one year closer on a generalized basis within the point range i am interested in (applicant attrition helps). Still talking 17 years or so to be competing at the top of the heap. Started in the 90's, looking at needing 40+ points at least. I doubt I'll press on to that level. But any future tag cuts will be beyond devastating to those that try.

Last edited:
There is always a few interesting things in the CO reports. Noticed this year a resident or 2 burnt 19-20 points on a cow tag!

I wish we could hear the story behind those 20 point burns on low point units.
Amen I always wonder the same and assume people made really bad mistakes. I noticed a few burned around 15 points on WY whitetail tags this year😂😂 See it in every State every year.
As for CO I never see myself having more than 5 points for anything I'd rather hunt than wait to possibly hunt.

The tag I drew was 40% odds at zero points last year(drew it then too). This year I assumed that increased demand would lower those odds. Unless I read the recap report incorrectly, it went to second choice this year.

I’ve seen cow tags go for more pints than their e/s counter parts in the same unit/season. I’ll never understand some of that but oh well!

I burned 8 points and some guy got my same hunt for 2 points. Oh well. I’m happy to be departing the Colorado point scheme.

Just gotta burn 9 points on elk next year, which will probably get me a hunt slightly worse than a general tag.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back