Caribou Gear

Draft Regs posted

On the elk note, I see they are proposing in Area 45 that archery hunting will be type 9 tags only. And then the other end of the spectrum, Area 39 Type 6 hunters will be allowed during the archery season. If one agrees or disagrees with these changes, please be sure to input!!

On the elk note, I see they are proposing in Area 45 that archery hunting will be type 9 tags only. And then the other end of the spectrum, Area 39 Type 6 hunters will be allowed during the archery season. If one agrees or disagrees with these changes, please be sure to input!!
Interesting. I strongly oppose type 9 tags. It will be interesting to watch this one…

They are completely unnecessary and really accomplish nothing. The more type 9 we get the more we are pushed towards pick a weapon. I would rather all tags be type 1 and those who wish to archery hunt still do. All that will occur with more type 9 tags is great crowding and more pressure on the resource.

I am hoping wyoming goes to more type 9 tags.
All that will do is force the state closer to pick a weapon and give the state an excuse to sell more tags. What exactly does type 9 accomplish?

They are completely unnecessary and really accomplish nothing. The more type 9 we get the more we are pushed towards pick a weapon. I would rather all tags be type 1 and those who wish to archery hunt still do. All that will occur with more type 9 tags is great crowding and more pressure on the resource.
Type 9 tags put archery tags in the hands of people who actually want them. Wyoming archery seasons have become overrun with casual bow hunters. It used to be an enjoyable experience, the Walmart bowhunters have ruined it. I have no problem with them making a few areas exclusive for dedicated bowhunters. There's room for both.

Nah, no more Type 9 tags. No to choose your weapon.
Casual bowhunter?
We bow hunt every year, with longbows. Not many chances to get within 20 yds of an elk but one can. If not successful we then take the rifle and get some meat. Nothing casual about it, we work just a shard to get close and get a good shot.
Been bowhunting 35 years and if I have to choose between bow or rile then Wyoming will lose another bowhunter.
We should be encouraging bowhunters not discouraging them.
Nothing casual about spending 21 days in a wall tent working for a good shot on an elk.

Wyoming archery seasons have become overrun with casual bow hunters.

🙋🏼

I’m literally only going to be bow hunting in wyoming this fall because why would I waste 30 days of hunting opportunity on a tag I just dropped cash and points on. Love that I can go back for rifle.

If not for a wyoming general tag I may not own a bow still. I’ve shot it three times now lol.

Whether or not it’s “casual” hunting I engage in remains to be seen.

That said, I think it’s an excellent structure. Part of the reason “general” archery seasons are so out of this world crowded in colorado is because you have to choose your weapon and cam Hanes told everybody the only way to have big balls is by archery hunting.

Type 9 tags put archery tags in the hands of people who actually want them. Wyoming archery seasons have become overrun with casual bow hunters. It used to be an enjoyable experience, the Walmart bowhunters have ruined it. I have no problem with them making a few areas exclusive for dedicated bowhunters. There's room for both.

And what makes you think you're not a walmart bowhunter?

🙋🏼

I’m literally only going to be bow hunting in wyoming this fall because why would I waste 30 days of hunting opportunity on a tag I just dropped cash and points on. Love that I can go back for rifle.

If not for a wyoming general tag I may not own a bow still. I’ve shot it three times now lol.

Whether or not it’s “casual” hunting I engage in remains to be seen.

That said, I think it’s an excellent structure. Part of the reason “general” archery seasons are so out of this world crowded in colorado is because you have to choose your weapon and cam Hanes told everybody the only way to have big balls is by archery hunting.
Still plenty of places in Wyoming for you and @wytex to carry your bows around and scare elk. I don't know of any general areas with type 9 tags. The handful of limited quota areas with type 9 tags allow dedicated bowhunters the chance to draw a tag that would otherwise be more difficult. No one is advocating for "choose your weapon" across the board. Like I said, there is room for both.

Still plenty of places in Wyoming for you and @wytex to carry your bows around and scare elk. I don't know of any general areas with type 9 tags. The handful of limited quota areas with type 9 tags allow dedicated bowhunters the chance to draw a tag that would otherwise be more difficult. No one is advocating for "choose your weapon" across the board. Like I said, there is room for both.

You missed my point I think.

I don’t gaf what happens anyway.

All that will do is force the state closer to pick a weapon and give the state an excuse to sell more tags. What exactly does type 9 accomplish?
I think wyoming should go pick a weapon. It will not increase pressure. And it should be mandatory to choose before the draw so you can only apply for archery tags or rifle tags There shouldn't be this option to hunt archery then go back with a rifle.

This is the furthest thing from the truth. The reason colorado is archery is out of control is because they don't CAP NR tags like they should

Just curious but isn't type 9 muzzleloader?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back