PEAX Equipment

Dont worry about the student loan forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys….it’s just 10,000. Getting worked up over this is like stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.
We have so much money here that we’re giving it to other countries by the billions, almost monthly.
10k to people is nothing to worry about. At this point make a 20,000. Hell let’s give everyone $10,000 checks.
Just remember the inflation is transitory, nothing to worry about there.
And since they changed the definition of a recession we’re technically not in a recession, so we’re fine.

Not gonna wade through 9 pages to see if this has already been said, but according to the fact sheet this loan forgiveness will not be considered taxable income, whereas PSLF is (as far as I know). So you may actually come out ahead here.
Screenshot_20220825-094557_Chrome.jpg
Most states don't tax PSLF either. I do know for sure that PA does not consider it income. This new forgiveness will save me about $2000 over PSLF (such a staggering number, I know). However it will be nice to send a check for the outstanding balance and be done with them and not string it out for another 16 months +/- of "on time monthly payments" to get to my 120.

Then we get to keep tackling my wife's 6 figure private student loan debt from graduate school. Hopefully, will have that all wrapped up by 2026 assuming no unforseen giant expenses.

Last edited:
I think to ignore the fact that there has never been a time in our countries history where so much has been given out so quickly may be a mistake. That’s a no political statement. I’m definitely alarmed. Now back to being a sarcastic twit
I'm not ignoring anything. I just no longer allow myself to be consumed by all this stuff. I'm just trying to make my way in the world.

Only so much that can be done until next election, not that I'm expecting much from our possible choices.

So pumped I used the very modest inheritance I got from my grandma after she passed away to pay off the bulk of my remaining student loan debt. Super cool. I mean I could have just made a down payment on a new truck, bought a few new guns, maybe a new bow. Unfortunately I did the responsible thing.

This is just my .03 worth,,,, if you're a teacher and you're teaching for maybe 4 years, forgive the loans. A doctor, lawyer, or some other very high paying professional, PAY YOUR LOANS. Why should the blue collar guy take it in the shorts to pay for YOUR EDUCATION and then take it in the shorts AGAIN for your services?

This is just my .03 worth,,,, if you're a teacher and you're teaching for maybe 4 years, forgive the loans. A doctor, lawyer, or some other very high paying professional, PAY YOUR LOANS. Why should the blue collar guy take it in the shorts to pay for YOUR EDUCATION and then take it in the shorts AGAIN for your services?
Apparently John Anderson was full of shit.
Doctors don’t make that much money.

Screenshot_20220825-094557_Chrome.jpg

The reason for this is that most of the Academic Institutions of Higher Education have turned much of our society into a liberal thinking conglomerate and they also know that they don't want to upset their mainstream Alumni, so they don't want to make any enemies by taxing their ill-gotten gains.

On the other hand, they have now armed the IRS with firearms to take care of the conservatives that don't like how things are changing.

It may not be obvious, but it is time to look out for our government as it appears they are becoming what we were fighting against in the Revolutionary War...

This thread needs a funny meme and fast. Who's a good meme creator, certainly not me.

One of those john daly / tiger woods things.

or maybe something like a mega elk... and then in the background some guy screaming about Student Loan Forgiveness.

Or a chart from @wllm on these federal interest rates and its effect on point creep in unit 2 and 201 of Colorado.

Something to make this feel like HT and not facebook again. because people are all up on their milk crate with a megaphone

Full time teachers get 5-10 year forgiveness through a few different programs.

Doctors and lawyers don't get forgiveness unless they are in PSLF by working somewhere like a VA hospital or District Attorney's office except in the case of this new wide sweeping forgiveness, where they may be eligible for $10k if they make less than $125k. Those places offer below average salaries and the loan forgiveness is the carrot to dangle in front of young professionals to work in state/fed government.

Other than this new $10k for everyone deal, it pretty much already works the way you want it to.

Teaching has many forms of forgiveness, I logged into my account last night and the forgiveness option was full of them.

Those with income of $125k single/$250 mfj are phased out, just like with interest deduction.

Doctors still have burden of very high schooling, but our sick care system doesn't pay them like it use to. You can still make money, but it is far more difficult now with managed HMOs, and managed payouts from PPOs.

I’m all for it. I say keep pouring gas on the inflation fire and plunge our economy back to the Stone Age. Hell, just give everyone a check for a million or 20. It doesn’t matter. In 3 years the people who like this will have starved to death because there’s no Avacado toast or Chipotle’s. I’ll just be wandering around like this. View attachment 235713
Yup,. accelerate....get it over with.

Teaching has many forms of forgiveness, I logged into my account last night and the forgiveness option was full of them.

Those with income of $125k single/$250 mfj are phased out, just like with interest deduction.
SOL huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back