Don't know if this is true or not but.......

2fastnaz

Don't know if this is real but it has a comic ring to it.

Customer Service Motto: Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die.........

Customer service being what it is....

My Aunt died this past January. Citi Bank billed her for February and March for their monthly service charge on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge...the balance had been $0.00... now was somewhere around $60.00.

I placed the following phone call to CitiBank:

Me: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January."

CitiBank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Me: "Maybe, you should turn it over to collections..."

CitiBank: "Since it is 2 months past due, it already has been."

Me: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

CitiBank: "Either report her account to the frauds division, or report her to the credit bureau...maybe both!"

Me: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"

CitiBank:"...excuse me .?"

Me: "Did you just get what I was telling you.... the part about her being dead?"

CitiBank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor!"
(Supervisor gets on the phone)

Me: ''I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

CitiBank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Me: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"

CitiBank: ".....(stammer)" .... "Are you her lawyer?"

Me: "No, I'm her great nephew."

CitiBank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Me: "Sure." ( Fax number is given )

( After they get the fax. )

CitiBank: "Our system just isn't setup for death..."

Me: "Oh..."

CitiBank: "I don't know what more I can do to help..."

Me: "Well... if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her...I suppose...don't really think she will care...."

CitiBank: "Well...the late fees and charges do still apply."

Me: "'Would you like her new billing address?"

CitiBank: "That might help."

Me: "Odessa Memorial Cemetery # Hwy 129, Row 10, Plot 4

CitiBank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Me: "What do you do with dead people on YOUR planet?!!"

Citi bank did the same thing to me when my mom passed on... My aunt was taking care of the bills and just wrote "DEAD" on the back and put return to sender on the front. It has been two and a half plus years and all the bill collectors have given up, welllll ceptin for Citi bank... I wonder how they can have so many smart :rolleyes: people working there and just never get it.... :D
I did tell them the same thing about not thinking God would care much about their silly bill, and they just couldn't seem to get it... All well, it takes all kind to run the world, just seems like we have to deal with most of them... :D

I really think we need to start threatening potential fathers with putting their testicles in the vice should they decide to continue to breed this type of animal.
When my Dad passed I went to the bank and HANDED the death certificate to the clerk and asked to have his name removed from the account. She came back after "checking" with her supervisor and asked me to have him come in "in person" to sign off on the closure. My answer was "Did your parents have any kids that lived?"

How true it is! :D When my Uncle Ben passed a year ago I was squaring away some of his paperwork. On the phone I talked to the folk responsible for disbursing his disability checks. They couldn't discuss his account information unless it was with him directly or he was in the room with me. I called them back from the funeral home! :rolleyes:

If they were closer, I could easily take the cardboard box of ash into the office, I wonder what kind of uproar that would creat. I will have to remember to possibly do that in the future... :D

Well it's unfortunate and trust me this happens. I was listening to a telephone call the other day.

Collector: May I speak to Mr. Johnson?

Person: He's dead, I'm his son how can I help you?

Collector: I'm with his Mtg Company.

Person; Great I'll give you the payment over the phone.

Collector: I'm soory I need you father's permission to talk to you.

I about choked the collector

We have to give these poor people some semblence of a break, I would imagine they are on a close to minimum wage pay scale and that they just don't know any better. Their bosses probably tell them that this death thing is a scam and that no one is to be believed... It would be management that I would really have a problem with. They are supposed to be the brains that run the works...

Elkchsr, actually we start collectors at 12-13 an hour when I heard the call the account was listed as the estate of...

Our company puts new collectors regardless of experince through 2 weeks of classroom training then a week of segregation to give them real world experience. after that that get calls monitored atleast twice a month.

Some people just don't get it.

I sure wouldn't want to be a call collector, they have to deal with Assholes like me.... ;)
Thanks for the info Scotty... :D

I'm sure they get the "he/she's dead" all the time. When salesmen used to call the house I would always tell them I was dead or if it was for my wife I'd say she was dead, and then say I wish you people would stop calling it makes it so hard... Then hang up! It worked everytime and they didn't call back the next month like usual... Probably would have worked if I just told them to take me off thier list too, but the silence was worth the effort...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back