PEAX Equipment

Dog tracking devices?

Sytes

I thought a while back, garmin made some gps collars that worked with their rino collection gps units. I must have been dreaming...
Seems for the "good stuff" I need to shell out for another garmin gps and collar to the tune of 650-750$$$
That is a bit too steep for my use. So I am looking for suggestions. Thinking in the 200-300 $ at most.

Seen the Tagg, romeo, loc8tor, zoombak and the garmin gtu.

Of these the garmin gtu 10 seems a reasonable option (though a discontinued item) and the Tagg. Both work in separate methods though similar in use.

I have two dogs. One is the best trail type the other... bloodhound that sets his nose to full auto and NOTHING breaks his concentration. Great when working him though to go camp/fish the mountains - a miserable deal.

Anyhow, thoughts?

Double U supply has all tracking items for both bird dogs and hounds. Im fairly certain the Rino 530 is not compatable with either the Garmin Astro or Alpha. It will be nice though.

I thought Cabelas or Basspro sent me something with those units on sale? I am looking for a gps - but not one for my lab. Anyway, may check there sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back