Yeti GOBOX Collection

Doesn’t anyone hunt rabbit dogs

Foggy Mountain

I didn’t go real far back but I haven’t seen much about it. I run dogs year round multiple times a week but only when the main deer season is over do I hunt them. Getting ready to start. I run line control medium speed dogs. Similar to the older spo type dogs. Got two Paul’s Old Stage Jr bitches, two Bear bred dog’s, only one of those a bitch but she’s gone blind now as she’s gotten old so she’s done and a Cranks Chicken bitch
Whatcha all got and running.
Pic of the bitch went blind last year leading my Chicken bitch last winter.
Wish I was running today but it’s raining all day and I’lol be off some soon

Attachments

• 47D81D6E-0A50-4558-B934-B9D76D0625E6.png
    47D81D6E-0A50-4558-B934-B9D76D0625E6.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
I tend not to hunt dogs...rabbits yes! Lol!
hunting with hounds in Az. Is not a regular occurance. 💥

I tend not to hunt dogs...rabbits yes! Lol!
hunting with hounds in Az. Is not a regular occurance. 💥
That seems to be the way in the west. I guess it’s be hard to run year round with the snakes n such. I know southern guys have same issues.

That seems to be the way in the west. I guess it’s be hard to run year round with the snakes n such. I know southern guys have same issues.
I was funnin' ya' I don't hunt "dogs".
That's illegal even in Az! ;) 💥 But they are tasty!

I’ve been through the gamut, had lots of stubby dogs. Had one Mr Bill bitch at under 2 took 2nd in the state championships one year. She was nice but about that time I got divorced and had to get rid of her. Had 14 dogs and they all went but 1. No fun watching them leave.
One of my club guys just finished a Mr Bill dog about 2 weeks ago. Nice dog.
What ya chasing with yours trial153? Cottontail, swampers, hare?

Last April I drove from Shreveport to a small town in the toe of the boot of Louisiana to pick up 2 Beagle puppies to get back into Rabbit Hunting after some 40 years. Ruger and Rebel are 13" Beagles and I have permission to hunt a couple of Plantations along the Red River along with a lease I manage. Everyone is busy with their Deer and Ducks right now. One thing that has changed is a lot of the places I used to hunt are now Subdivisions or folks have died and that land is no longer available to hunt. My son Travis and I took the metal carport cover and braced it with additional square tubing and put commercial chain link on it to make a 12'x16' Kennel on a concrete slab. There are around 3 or 4 guys I know in our town who hunt Beagles so I am looking forward to all the fun this year and beyond.

I’ve been through the gamut, had lots of stubby dogs. Had one Mr Bill bitch at under 2 took 2nd in the state championships one year. She was nice but about that time I got divorced and had to get rid of her. Had 14 dogs and they all went but 1. No fun watching them leave.
One of my club guys just finished a Mr Bill dog about 2 weeks ago. Nice dog.
What ya chasing with yours trial153? Cottstly Jackaontail, swampers, hare?
Mostly Jackalope here in the Zona... 💪 💥

Just got into it. Kota is 2 and an awesome rabbit dog. Although if the rabbits are hard to find he also likes an occasional trash race. Bella is 6 months and has yet to start. By far some of the most fun and frustrating times have been with the hounds.

Attachments

• 20201219_150138.jpg
    20201219_150138.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201228_150354.jpg
    20201228_150354.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210815_061136.jpg
    20210815_061136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
I didn’t go real far back but I haven’t seen much about it. I run dogs year round multiple times a week but only when the main deer season is over do I hunt them. Getting ready to start. I run line control medium speed dogs. Similar to the older spo type dogs. Got two Paul’s Old Stage Jr bitches, two Bear bred dog’s, only one of those a bitch but she’s gone blind now as she’s gotten old so she’s done and a Cranks Chicken bitch
Whatcha all got and running.
Pic of the bitch went blind last year leading my Chicken bitch last winter.
Wish I was running today but it’s raining all day and I’lol be off some soon
When I was a boy. Our Dad brought home a Beagle/Chinese Pug cross pup. He looked more Beagle than pug. That dog turned out to be an awesome little cottontail rabbit/Pheasant dog in later yrs. He would get on a hot scent in the thick weeds & sound off. Pushing his quarry out into the open for a shot.

Little clip of 3 my dogs for speed/control type comparison. Another guy came later w a decent dog and one knucklehead ran in for a minute. You’ll see the type dogs though.
I’m not as fast as some but they’re dogs you can shoot over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back