Does this look like spring to you?

Bwana

Took my boys out turkey hunting last weekend, which is actually the second weekend of the ND turkey season. Called these two in shortly after sunrise but thanks to the lovely weather we are having these pictures look VERY similar to some taken during Christmas break a couple of years back.

Where they fell:
6190.jpg

Close-ups:
6191.jpg

6192.jpg

Heading back:
6189.jpg

Now just need to get back out and see if we can find a bird for me.

The boys are consistent! If I was a gobbler I would find a new place to call home. Well done.

Congrats. I thought it was spring turkey season not winter season. Ha Ha

Very nice!!! Definitely not typical turkey hunting weather. Bet they were easy to see... ;)

Ah yes, the spring weather we face in Montana and the Dakotas during turkey season.Great pictures,but they bring back TOO many memories of past hunts in the snow.Thanks for sequence of shots.

Congratulations on a nice pair of birds. Looks like the Dakotas When I hunted out there we had a blizzard come through and I thought I should be deer hunting LOL

Thanks for the kind words.

As for the birds, they did come in gobbling like crazy.

Funny side story: given our limited time to hunt the oldest said he was willing to shoot a jake but the youngest said he was holding out for a longbeard. These two came strolling in gobbling their heads off with the dominant bird stopping to display every now and then. Had them in range for a while before the oldest did as he said and dropped his bird. The other one ran INTO the middle of our decoy spread wondering what the heck just happened. It was more then the youngest could stand...dead turkey #2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back