Does Thermacel work for you? (Skeeters)

We did a hunt over bait last spring in Maine. The mosquitos still got us some so I was questioning how much they help. The evening we forgot them I got my answer. The no see ums were the worst and had previously not been a problem. It was litteraly hard to keep your eyes up because there were so many mosquitos coming at you. Needless to say we never forgot them or questioned them again.

I have had good luck with them at lower elevations without a lot of wind. Regular Thermocells will not work at altitude, above 5K' unless you get the one for high altitude, but I have not seen those for a while. You can also mod them (youtube is your friend) easily to work at higher elevations.
I was not aware of the elevation limitation.

That is good info. Thanks!

I was a total skeptic proved wrong in Alberta. Glad I believed the guide who said he’d never sit a stand without it. Watching the breeze was important, as you want to be sitting in the plume of the volatile blood sucking repellent gasses being warmed by the thermacell unit. In swirly winds having more than one unit going was helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back