Does Checkpoint Violate Our Fourth Amendment Rights?

Indians on the Warpath !

How would you fellows feel about private citizens blocking roads and not allowing access into a state if you had driven there from another state to hunt ?

We dont have enough RCMP officers to go around and therefor the Tahiten Nation has set up roadblocks ( cars, trucks, tractor etc ) and are not allowing anyone to enter The Northwest Territories because of Corona. Most are hunters from B.C.

All roads in--24 hours a day--are closed. So far the "limited" legal arguments that appear to be what is going to be used to support this action is---"essential" Hunting is not essential. Not needed to sustain life. The second argument is we dont have the medical manpower, pharmacies, ventilators to handle an outbreak.

Losing-Sanity. Who are Cheech and Chong ? ;)

How would I feel about a tribal road block? Always enjoy your conversation, Panda.

IMO, in the U.S. Tribal land is theirs to do mostly as they please. Outside federally paid taxes for highways that route through tribal land, I would feel a Tribe is able to close access as they please.

As an ambassador of the Kingdom of God not subject to the laws of secular kingdoms, basing your opposition to being convicted of violating laws of the secular kingdom of the USA on the premise that your secular Constitutional Rights were violated seems to be an abuse of logic.

Book him, Danno.
Don't start throwing around all your "logic stuff" when personal outrage is so compelling. ;)

Indians on the Warpath !

How would you fellows feel about private citizens blocking roads and not allowing access into a state if you had driven there from another state to hunt ?

We dont have enough RCMP officers to go around and therefor the Tahiten Nation has set up roadblocks ( cars, trucks, tractor etc ) and are not allowing anyone to enter The Northwest Territories because of Corona. Most are hunters from B.C.

All roads in--24 hours a day--are closed. So far the "limited" legal arguments that appear to be what is going to be used to support this action is---"essential" Hunting is not essential. Not needed to sustain life. The second argument is we dont have the medical manpower, pharmacies, ventilators to handle an outbreak.

Losing-Sanity. Who are Cheech and Chong ? ;)

Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong were a comedian duo during the 70's and early 80's. Their material was mostly about casual drug use and hiding from responsibilities, the hippy type stuff. Cheech went on to do some more serious acting while Tommy pretty much stayed with comedy stuff.

Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong were a comedian duo during the 70's and early 80's. Their material was mostly about casual drug use and hiding from responsibilities, the hippy type stuff. Cheech went on to do some more serious acting while Tommy pretty much stayed with comedy stuff.
The Christmas story is a classic. mtmuley

Have not read any of these posts yet, but the first thing that's comes to my head is that hunting is a privilege and not a right therefore making it ok to have check points. That's my no law experience or education thought

Have not read any of these posts yet, but the first thing that's comes to my head is that hunting is a privilege and not a right therefore making it ok to have check points. That's my no law experience or education thought
Following the same logic....Driving is a privilege not a right so you could be stopped at anytime.

Following the same logic....Driving is a privilege not a right so you could be stopped at anytime.

In practice, yes you can,,, if the law enforcement officer decides so. They can come up with a rationale. Changing lanes without signaling, driving too close to the center line,, wandering in the lane, not dimming headlights, not having headlights on at dusk or dawn, brake light not working,,,,whatever. They are as creative as they need to be,,,when they want to be.

In practice, yes you can,,, if the law enforcement officer decides so. They can come up with a rationale. Changing lanes without signaling, driving too close to the center line,, wandering in the lane, not dimming headlights, not having headlights on at dusk or dawn, brake light not working,,,,whatever. They are as creative as they need to be,,,when they want to be.
But they still have to come up with a reason. They can't pull you over for just driving. So should they be able to stop you for just hunting?

Would you feel the same if Law Enforcement showed up at your front door and wanted to look around?
[/QUOTE
Now that's a far stretch from game stops that have been going on as long as I can remember. I just figure if game stops were unconstitutional they would have put an end to them long ago.

But they still have to come up with a reason. They can't pull you over for just driving. So should they be able to stop you for just hunting?

I've already given my opinion. So If a warden comes up to you wanting to see a hunting license,,,you really think you can tell him to pound sand?

I've already given my opinion. So If a warden comes up to you wanting to see a hunting license,,,you really think you can tell him to pound sand?
Nope I would certainly cooperate. But that's actively hunting. Not sure they should be able to just stop any vehicle to see if they are hunting.

Ive been stopped once by FWP while fishing on a boat. They didnt ask for any ID or license. Only checked for lifejackets, throwable, and fire extinguisher. I thought it was odd they didnt check licenses.

"Should" is the key word for you when you go to court. I understand the rationale for your opinion ... so don't drive by the check station with your blaze orange hunting cap on the dash, legs pointing in the air from the pickup box, or blood dripping off the bumper.;)

In honor of this thread being unlocked after a whole week, a few bars from everyone's favorite traffic stop song...

"I got two choices ya'll, pull over the car or
Bounce on the devil, put the pedal to the floor.
Now I ain't tryin' to see no highway chase with Jay
Plus I got a few dollars I can fight the case..."

In honor of this thread being unlocked after a whole week, a few bars from everyone's favorite traffic stop song...

"I got two choices ya'll, pull over the car or
Bounce on the devil, put the pedal to the floor.
Now I ain't tryin' to see no highway chase with Jay
Plus I got a few dollars I can fight the case..."
I got 99 problems but hunter checkpoints ain't one...

Back