Does anyone have experience with SJK packs?

huntid73

I am looking for a good pack that I could haul some meat out if I am lucky to tag out quite a ways off the trail. Have been looking at the Horn Hunter Full Curl, but have seen a lot of the SJK packs on Camofire...any help would be appreciated.

I invited a first-time elk hunter to camp last year, and he showed up with a SJK daypack and hauler. He's into the kryptek camo I guess. What I recall of it, it was fine. Nothing about it wow'd me, but there was nothing wrong with it either. We got him on a cow the first night so it got bloody, and he helped pack out several other elk that week. Never had an issue.

At the camofire price points, they seem to be fine packs. CF has had good deals on Badlands as well. I finally retired my 10 year old 2200 last week, after many bloody pack outs and a trip back to BL for new zippers and some patching up. I've worn thru the foam and fabric in too many places to feel right about sending it back again. At the CF prices, some of the badlands packs have been very good values.

Good luck.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back