Does anyone have a favorite ladder stand?

Lrhxr9

I love hunting from my summit climbers. I feel super safe in them. Kind of like you are nestled in. I definitely prefer to sit in my climber over anything else. But i also enjoy the ease and convenience of a ladder stand. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a make/model with a suspended style seat like the summit climbers. Or a good memory foam seat. Any thing so my tailbone doesnt feel like its going to break off after the first hour on stand.

When my buddy still had a place for us to hunt in IN I would sit in one of his Big Buddy double stands and always found it very comfortable.

I bought a 20’ model from X-stand called the ‘Duke’ this year for our property in WI.

I liked the seat on it, and their jaws system makes it very safe to hang since you are not climbing up a ladder stand that is barely tied to the tree.

We put up a bunch of them. A couple of them were missing some simple parts like bolts/washers, and they can take a bit of adjusting to quiet them down in cold weather, but that’s ladder stands for you. Overall I’m happy with them.

I've probably got (30-40) of them set up. Typically buy the doubles from Menards, 17' footers (to rail) and use them as a single.
Get they kind with expanded metal platform and seat, rather than the fabric mesh stuff. Throw away all of the cheap camp pads and rail covers that come with it, as they just deteriorate in the elements and squirrels chew them up. Haul a seat pad in when you hunt. Buy extra ratchet straps too and don't be bashful about adding one or more ratchet straps to each stand to make if more stable and safer.
I like to set them up in a pair of two or more big trees close together to help conceal the hunter.

Millennium are by far the most comfortable, and they know it which is why they cost so much. I've used a Muddy 2-man which is nice, sturdy in high wind, and comfortable. River's Edge makes a Lockdown stand which are great especially setting up with 1 person. Big game titan xl is also a good stand and more stable after I added an extra strap to the bottom of the platform. +1 for taking a foam pad for the seat and some extra carabiners for your gear.

Yeah im not bashful about straps. U should see me trailer when i haul stuff. Have you found a good pad u like. Mine of course is attached to my turkey vest.

If you can find a summit vine, snatch it up. It was discontinued 2 years ago but it is the most comfortable, rock solid stand I've ever sat in. A second would be the millennium L110 ladder stand. There is no brace support bar on this because it has a double reinforced ladder. I have 3 vines and 2 of the millenniums. Both are lazy boys in the sky but are very heavy, especially the vine.

Heavy is fine with me. I remember seeing that stand on summits website. I have one of their hangons that have the same suspended seat as the climbers and it is awesome as well. But steel. And very heavy.

Almost all of the massed produced big box store brands come out of China, so pick one, there is not hutch difference in any of them.
The Millenium stands seem to be a step up.

I really like the River’s Edge RE654. I always bring a cushion from an old hang on stand anywhere I sit though. When I forget the cushion, I still find it comfortable. It also seems better built/designed than others I’ve tried.

I put out a couple of Millenium stands this year and like them very much. They only down size is the weight. The installation instructions show three people putting it up. You can install one with two men however they both better be “men”.

I've probably got (30-40) of them set up. Typically buy the doubles from Menards, 17' footers (to rail) and use them as a single.
Get they kind with expanded metal platform and seat, rather than the fabric mesh stuff. Throw away all of the cheap camp pads and rail covers that come with it, as they just deteriorate in the elements and squirrels chew them up. Haul a seat pad in when you hunt. Buy extra ratchet straps too and don't be bashful about adding one or more ratchet straps to each stand to make if more stable and safer.
I like to set them up in a pair of two or more big trees close together to help conceal the hunter.
I'm with this guy. I buy Walmart. Usually less thN 100.00. Easy to assemble. Buy a "double" more room and comfortable. Definitely a flat seat made of metal. Bring your own pad. Good luck.

I love hunting from my summit climbers. I feel super safe in them. Kind of like you are nestled in. I definitely prefer to sit in my climber over anything else. But i also enjoy the ease and convenience of a ladder stand. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a make/model with a suspended style seat like the summit climbers. Or a good memory foam seat. Any thing so my tailbone doesnt feel like its going to break off after the first hour on stand.
No ladder stands for me yet , just have them for the grand kids , and they are summit

Muddy for me. Cheap ones are great and all but they squeak. Muddy has always been quiet nd comfortable for me. Ymmv

Rivers Edge Ladder stands and Fat Boy Cushion goes with me in every treestand

Attachments

• D464510F-C0D1-46C5-A18A-1A9EC1E36AEB.jpeg
    D464510F-C0D1-46C5-A18A-1A9EC1E36AEB.jpeg
    764.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 8A0AB837-88F3-49F9-A6F3-3F048066F8FD.jpeg
    8A0AB837-88F3-49F9-A6F3-3F048066F8FD.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 1
Lots of good ladder stands on the market. I have 8 of them out right now. I don't worry about the seats. I carry a seat pad out and back each hunt. I too am one of those guys who add a couple extra ratchet straps to each stand in addition to the one(s) that come with them. Like some of the guys above, my wife and I use climbers where it is impracticable to set a ladder stand or we need to set up on short notice.

Back