Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Do you use a shooting tripod?

I just go one of those tripods in the mail yesterday and I will warn you that the QR plate has some slop to it. Probably not that big of a deal with that type of saddle but something to be aware of. Another saddle to look at would be Triclawps. They are $100 but more secure than the PRS. I've never seen one but it looks like it's somewhere between the PRS and PIG Saddle.

I just go one of those tripods in the mail yesterday and I will warn you that the QR plate has some slop to it. Probably not that big of a deal with that type of saddle but something to be aware of. Another saddle to look at would be Triclawps. They are $100 but more secure than the PRS. I've never seen one but it looks like it's somewhere between the PRS and PIG Saddle.

Did you say "PIG Saddle"?

Seriously, I looked up the PIG Saddle and Triclawps...Triclawps looks like a great idea and solid, but spendy for what it is. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• Pig.jpg
    Pig.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5,034
I bought one of these, $12 for a couple sticks and a piece of rubber. It is pretty good, but not quite as stable as I am hoping a tripod version will be, and also a little unwieldy to carry on a hunt ( made noise, caught on tree limbs ).

Attachments

• 440059_L1.jpg
    440059_L1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 711
Haha I love the picture. The hog and pig saddles are definitely more expensive but I think are the superior product. For most hunting situations I believe the PRS saddle is a great way to go.

I bought one of these, $12 for a couple sticks and a piece of rubber. It is pretty good, but not quite as stable as I am hoping a tripod version will be, and also a little unwieldy to carry on a hunt ( made noise, caught on tree limbs ).

My Dad uses this set up and has great results. We both like the Harris stuff too, but, in tall stuff. . . not so much. I bought the Tripod Trigger stick a few years ago and It works really well. Good luck.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back