Do you need therapy- check your social media feed?

IG told me I was really into women in bikinis. Which is really annoying since I don’t follow any accounts like that, or even interact with them. Honest to God, I really don’t.

One day my wife was looking over my shoulder and she saw the explore tab on IG and she didn’t like what she saw. Ended up being a big fight and basically said “you must be looking at that stuff if that’s what it’s showing you.”

Obviously, I denied it, because that’s the truth.

So basically I went around blocking every single account in my explore tab that was even remotely like a woman in a bikini.

I tell my wife this thinking… maybe I’ll get an attaboy or something. The response I get? “Wow, Pretty sexist to just block a woman for fishing in a bikini”

A guy truly cannot win.

The blocking did work tho. Now it’s all fly tying stuff, occasionally hunting stuff.
This happened in our home too… she didn’t believe that it’s out there based on what other people my age and sex look at based on similar accounts we truly follow

Had to pull up articles 🙄

Don't have an account and only thing I can recall looking at on there are hook line & chill girls. Turns out few of them fish much. Sad.Screenshot_20231228-092610.png

This happened in our home too… she didn’t believe that it’s out there based on what other people my age and sex look at based on similar accounts we truly follow

Had to pull up articles 🙄

I used the same argument.

I then tried to further that point by changing my age and gender to a 14 year girl thinking it would change the algorithm.

Nope, the algorithm suspected I was a pedophile and locked me out of my account.

I had to send a send photo ID to Instagram to get it open.

At least this time I knew better than to ask my wife for a pat on the back.

So, go to Instagram. Click on the magnifying glass, then slowly start scrolling through what the app thinks you might want to see.

All I can say is wow. I may need to see a counselor or maybe a priest.
I have looked into the eye of the ram and I have seen a close up of the COVID virus, so I can only imagine…

No, no, I don’t want to imagine that!

IG told me I was really into women in bikinis. Which is really annoying since I don’t follow any accounts like that, or even interact with them. Honest to God, I really don’t.

One day my wife was looking over my shoulder and she saw the explore tab on IG and she didn’t like what she saw. Ended up being a big fight and basically said “you must be looking at that stuff if that’s what it’s showing you.”

Obviously, I denied it, because that’s the truth.

So basically I went around blocking every single account in my explore tab that was even remotely like a woman in a bikini.

I tell my wife this thinking… maybe I’ll get an attaboy or something. The response I get? “Wow, Pretty sexist to just block a woman for fishing in a bikini”

A guy truly cannot win.

The blocking did work tho. Now it’s all fly tying stuff, occasionally hunting stuff.
You seen that on LinkedIn? I don’t use it much, log in blue moons. But you look at one profile from a pretty woman, then algorithm suggests more associated female profiles. Click one some of those and it then suggests you to women whose profession is themselves in a bikini.

You seen that on LinkedIn? I don’t use it much, log in blue moons. But you look at one profile from a pretty woman, then algorithm suggests more associated female profiles. Click one some of those and it then suggests you to women whose profession is themselves in a bikini.

I have no seen that on LinkedIn, but I have had some other weird things happen with that websites algorithm.

I have a fake LinkedIn profile just so I can check in on past interns that were screw-ups so I can see where they ended up getting hired, but I keep getting people I really know suggested to me, and I have no idea how they know how to make that connection.

Back