Caribou Gear

Do you need therapy- check your social media feed?

IG told me I was really into women in bikinis. Which is really annoying since I don’t follow any accounts like that, or even interact with them. Honest to God, I really don’t.

One day my wife was looking over my shoulder and she saw the explore tab on IG and she didn’t like what she saw. Ended up being a big fight and basically said “you must be looking at that stuff if that’s what it’s showing you.”

Obviously, I denied it, because that’s the truth.

So basically I went around blocking every single account in my explore tab that was even remotely like a woman in a bikini.

I tell my wife this thinking… maybe I’ll get an attaboy or something. The response I get? “Wow, Pretty sexist to just block a woman for fishing in a bikini”

A guy truly cannot win.

The blocking did work tho. Now it’s all fly tying stuff, occasionally hunting stuff.

So, go to Instagram. Click on the magnifying glass, then slowly start scrolling through what the app thinks you might want to see.

All I can say is wow. I may need to see a counselor or maybe a priest.
It bases your discover page on pics or videos you've liked or interacted with that are similar... it takes in everything. Even how long you look at a certain pic. So you might not double tap to like the pic, but if you're staring at that chick in a bikini for a few mins, it knows...

If it's showing you women in bikinis, it's because you probably like seeing women in bikinis🤷

IG told me I was really into women in bikinis. Which is really annoying since I don’t follow any accounts like that, or even interact with them. Honest to God, I really don’t.

One day my wife was looking over my shoulder and she saw the explore tab on IG and she didn’t like what she saw. Ended up being a big fight and basically said “you must be looking at that stuff if that’s what it’s showing you.”

So basically I went around blocking every single account in my explore tab that was even remotely like a woman in a bikini.

I tell my wife this thinking… maybe I’ll get an attaboy or something. The response I get? “Wow, Pretty sexist to just block a woman for fishing in a bikini”

A guy truly cannot win.

The blocking did work tho. Now it’s all fly tying stuff, occasionally hunting stuff.
I’m pretty sure the algorithm knows what you hover over too - you have to be very disciplined to get that stuff off your feed 😂. I just quit using it altogether and waste time on hunting forums now…

So, go to Instagram. Click on the magnifying glass, then slowly start scrolling through what the app thinks you might want to see.

All I can say is wow. I may need to see a counselor or maybe a priest.

Please don't traumatize a priest like this. Their job is hard enough as it is.

My IG is 95% pottery, 5% dead stuff. Facebook is mostly dead stuff & the family & friends I haven't unfollowed because it's Facebook and awful.

A guy truly cannot win.

Screenshot_20231228-085630_Google.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back