Do you carry a pistol for bear when elk hunting???

I know my way around a pistol somewhat decently. If I had to choose between 3-4 shots from a pistol at a moving target versus one or two shots from a rifle, in my mind that’s a no-brainer. Anyone that thinks they’re going to effectively, acquire their sights on a moving bear in a life and death situation is delusional.
"But a rifle has 2,800 ft lbs of energy" Yeah it doesn't matter if you only have 1 opportunity to put a round on target vs a handful of rounds.

Based on the logic of this thread it seems the AR 15 is the best bear defense weapon. It’s a rifle, but also has a pistol grip so could be fired like a pistol. Has 30 rds rather than 1 or 15, and 1200 ft lbs of energy. Much more than a 10 mm. Spray and pray boys!.

What are your guys expert thoughts on black guns? :)

There have been quite a few examples where neither work ;)

Based on the logic of this thread it seems the AR 15 is the best bear defense weapon. It’s a rifle, but also has a pistol grip so could be fired like a pistol. Has 30 rds rather than 1 or 15, and 1200 ft lbs of energy. Much more than a 10 mm. Spray and pray boys!.

What are your guys expert thoughts on black guns? :)
Only if it has a bump stock.

Guy got attacked in NW Wyoming today. Didn't have a pistol or rifle and couldn't deploy his spray, but he lived!

lets settle this. we'll all meet up and have bear attack simulations. everyone gets a chance to test their mettle with a full 55 gallon drum careening towards them on a zip line and they only get to move out the way when a balloon set on the front is popped by gunfire. you miss, you get smoked by the barrel, you're too slow to get out of the way, you get smoked by the barrel. we can charge admission, it'll be fun.

lets settle this. we'll all meet up and have bear attack simulations. everyone gets a chance to test their mettle with a full 55 gallon drum careening towards them on a zip line and they only get to move out the way when a balloon set on the front is popped by gunfire. you miss, you get smoked by the barrel, you're too slow to get out of the way, you get smoked by the barrel. we can charge admission, it'll be fun.
There's a few guys on here that I would gladly pay to watch get smoked by a barrel. Who do we talk with to put blanks in their gun?

Why a barrel? I was thinking a 700 lb grizz with a coke addiction two days sober and hungry.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back