Do Limbsavers work ?

texasbucksandbirds

I just got a Mathews SQ2 (used) with the built in harmonic dampners and thought about adding some Limbsavers to it as well. Do they make a difference or just a waste of money ? I wanted to get some thoughts from everyone. Thanks.

The ones for gun butts work great. An undampened harmonic, that's causing you problems? Use a longbow man, geesh. There's one view.

The built-in dampners seem to work, I just want to make things as quiet as possible...and a longbow or recurve is on my wish list so when I get one I'm sure I'll be back on here asking more questions, you can never learn too much.

Yes, they work. Depending on the bow, they can make a small difference, or a very big difference, but if attached properly, they will make your bow quieter.

Does the bow have string suppresors? If not a STS string stop will work wonders along with the limb savers.

Just saw a pic of the sq2 I would defenatly put a STS string stopper on it.It will do a better job than the limbsavers but it would not hurt a thing to put both on.

Put them on a bow when they first came out with them , it had a 6 1/4 brace height and told you what to do . After the limb saver installation (on the limbs , also use them on the string now) it tamed it down good . You have a bow that shouldn't need it ; but ?

I had them installed on my Matthews when new, so I never shot it without them. Bow is very quiet, but how much they contribute, I wouldn"t know. It can't hurt.....

I use both limb savers and string leachs on my bow.. But a string stop works better then both. I add one and it made a world of difference.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back