Do it yourself mounts

yes I am and thank you just got my biss. opened up this last year. things are going great....
smile.gif

Hey BlackTimber Welcome aboard, and from what I can see, looks very good from here..Glad to have you here!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanx for the welcome. A little about myself. I love all hunting but bowhunting elk is my passion. Funny thing, I've yet to get a branch antlered bull
rolleyes.gif
Maybee I'll get one this year in Wyoming...if I draw???

I try to do a little taxidermy from time to time. Just as a hobbie. I have only my two hunting buddies and my own animals to do.
We'er not real good shots so I don't get a lot of practice
frown.gif

I hunt Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and someday I'll get over to Colorado.

I'm 35 yrs old, married, 2 girls, a boy and a Blk Lab.

I'll see you guys lerking around. Tim
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You would be surprised at how little it costs to taxidermy your own animals. The tanning is the most expensive part. I don't tan so I have to find someone that will do it for me.
They have been costing about $60 to tan
$20 for the form
$5-$10 for the eys
$10 for the hide paste
Maybe another 15-20 dollars in misc. items like clay, paper mache, epoxy clay and paint, bondo, pins, staples.

Stories??? Ya I got a few but you will have to wait until I have some more time to sit down.

You want the ones that got away or the ones that didn't?
smile.gif

Black Timber, Welcome aboard. I think I know ya but can't place you. I've seen tha Skull mount with the arrows on it somewere ... Maybe at mm.com ? Welcoem aboard and Some Awsome Mounts...

CAT-HUNT MT !!! Sup bro !! Looks like you've been buisy. I got word from RB that she made you a website. It looks real good. Hows the Taxidermy biz going, You shoul;d be closer, I got 9 ducks and 3 gees in the Taxidermy and my Montana Elk.

Post some more pictures. VEry cool !!!

Raybow, Youi got more dang mounts at your place then My taxidermist does at his
wink.gif
COOL to ya !!!!!

Moosie:
Maybe you can talk to my wife and tell her that I should have all the space in the front room cause I don't take her space in the kitchen! I only have around 30 elk racks to hang along with 20 more deer or so.
HE HE!!
biggrin.gif

Women; they just don't seem to get it.
wink.gif

HAHAHAHA!!!!They don't seem to like the things looking at them while they are in bed!!!LMAO!!!
biggrin.gif

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back