PEAX Equipment

Do I have a bad scope or am I pulling?

If it's a Zeiss it should be covered for a new scope I would think. My Conquest is fully covered.

Thanks all for the advice and tips; will definitely be using them. My Zeiss is covered and I actually just replaced it and decided to switch it up and went with the Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44. Heading to the range on Monday and will give an update after. Got a great deal on the Vortex and have read awesome reviews, so I couldn't pass it up.

Just got back from the range. I only had my gear back for a rear rest and had to muscle some of the weight. I feel like I'm there if I were to have a good rear rest when dialing in.

100 yds
image.jpg

200 yds
image.jpg

300 yds. Shot high, then made 1 click down for 2nd shot.
image.jpg

Hopefully the new scope will fix the problem. Those previous results would be a confidence killer for sure. If for some reason the group doesn't tighten up, take a friend with you to the range and have them load each bullet into your chamber, but also hand you the rifle with the chamber empty without you knowing which. When you touch the trigger without a live round, you'll know if you're pulling or not. That has helped me with my shooting anyway.
That is very sneaky, and i have done to people several times!

300 yds. Shot high, then made 1 click down for 2nd shot.
View attachment 61256
I am a little confused on that shot, if you rifle is 1 1/2 high at 100, zero at 200, why would the 300 shot be high?
Or am i missing something?

Cheers

Richard

It's pretty important to have a good solid shooting platform. Sounds like maybe you don't. If so, you are just wasting ammo and probably not realizing the full potential of the rifle. mtmuley

That is very sneaky, and i have done to people several times!

I am a little confused on that shot, if you rifle is 1 1/2 high at 100, zero at 200, why would the 300 shot be high?
Or am i missing something?

Cheers

Richard

I was messing with the dials on the turret and over calculated/over rotated. I caught my mistake and adjusted the dial for the 2nd shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back