Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Do any American Boomers here remember the quality lawn mowers of old?

TomTeriffic

Mowing season is upon us. Spring 2023!

I remember those old heavy Briggs & Stratton mowers. There were rotary ones and those ones with the barber-pole reels. Some had grass catchers on the side. They were heavy-duty and well-made. My 1907-born grandfather had one that had the side discharge all the way in the front corner of the deck. This mower also had a folding handle to wind up a spring then pull the lever to start the motor. I liked mowers from the days when they had T handles and motorcycle grips. I don't like seeing all this new power equipment with cheesy stick-on labels. Old-school power equipment had painted letters embossed into the sheet metal or durable riveted-on metal plates.

Yes, even mowing the lawn back in the golden age of the American Dream meant you had durable equipment you took pride in owning. My grandfather even hand waxed the deck of his pretty lawn mower. Automobiles, guns, furniture, refrigerators, washing machines, mowers, chainsaws, tillers and everything else was built with pride once.

1679364046960.png

I love the way this woman is dressed:
1679364184156.png

Last edited:
anybody remember the actual fold out playboy and penthouse centerfolds?
I do! I loved the fold out centerfolds! But the damn creases were always a let down!!!

Poor bastards in this generation would end up opening a fold out of a beautiful woman and probably get poked in the eye by the time they got past the belly button
#3d magazines
#Subarulife

As a youngster You'd go to locate one of the centerfolds on the shelf you always knew them to be and they'd be hidden in a new spot in the house. That was the worst.

Yes, and in the 1970's, women who appeared in those looked so much more attractive and feminine than they do in this century. They were not tattooed and fat. There were no butch hairstyles or mohawks. There was no body pierced jewelry. There were no weird harstyles in orange or purple. Think of those little cookies on Three's Company. Think of Farrah Fawcett. Think of Charlie's Angels and Cheryl Ladd. Think of Joan Collins.

Here is an artwork picture of a slender classy lady with a classy lawn mower. The woman with the Hoover looks cute too! Note the odd wheel configuration and handlebar on the green mower. This is the same style deck and handlebar my grandfather had on his own lawn-mowing machine. Look at the fellow in the background holding his small boy high. This is classy people in classy 1950's America. The advertising back then was that these "advanced" lawn mowers for their day were so easy to use a woman could even do it.

1679382037051.png

Last edited:
In the 60's, when I was under 12, my brothers and I came across many boobies mags, living in a southern Cal. University town. Interesting stuff right there!

In the 60's, when I was under 12, my brothers and I came across many boobies mags, living in a southern Cal. University town. Interesting stuff right there!
California was always more risque than Middle America.
That gal in the lawn mower poster above is risque enough.
What a classy chassis!!

We had a Monkey Ward rotary with a Briggs and I started on a push reel mower with the catch basket in back at grandpa's.

I had yard jobs growing up in SoCal.
And great neighbor ladies that needed help around the house.
Dint need no booby mags...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back